Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Leah's Senior Portraits, First Look/Thoughts


Just did my second Senior photo shoot for my husband's cousin Leah, 
I am almost done editing all her photos and have already noticed a HUGE difference between Leah's photos and Anna's


 
For example....I told both girl's to wear an outfit that they really liked, and one that would stand out from the backgrounds. Leah chose a soft more monotone palate while Anna choose a royal purple against black palate.  
 
Editing the photos has been completely different, as was shooting the photos.
What worked with Anna.....

Like laying on the grass which was stunning on Anna....


didn't look as stunning for Leah. 

Truth be told, there are very few similarities between the final photos. Our location, the colors, even the poses all have a marked difference. 

But I think that is to be expected. Anna and Leah have totally different personalities. Anna is very outgoing, bubbly and it's hard to miss her. Leah is more quite and calm. 

It is breathtaking to me to see that I have done more than merely take nice photos. I have captured the girls as they are. Their personalities and what makes them unique is clearly seen.

A few other things I have learned from this photoshoot with Leah...I was more tired during the photoshoot with Leah than with Anna, which I personally think is obvious from some of the shots. I was less creative just because of exhaustion (plus my arms were killing me from the yard cleanup the day before) 

Another thing I learned was that while I am editing the music I listen to has a marked effect on how I edit! Happy cheery music makes the photos I work on brighter and I use more color or light. Somber or moody music causes me to bring out more earthy tones, or more somber looks. 


Results from listening to bright happy music


results from listening to more somber or contemplative music.


So that's your sneak preview and my thoughts! 

God bless, 
~Rebecca



You can now Like JuReam Photography on Facebook!!


Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. It is amazing how music affects us, isn't it? I LOVE that last shot...wow. And yes, both girls are beautiful but "photograph" differently. It's good that you see that and recognize it! I am no expert, but if you realize that when you start taking pictures, you won't be as hard on yourself when you compare pictures down the road. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad they look different. I used to get studio pamphlets and samples all the time during my senior year from photographers and such with Senior portrait examples and so on. I kept them all and studied them. They all looked the same even if it was different people. So I am glad that the photo's look different and celebrate who the girls are. They even chose totally different locations!

      And yes, I do get way too hard and critical of myself. working on that! THankyou so much for the encouragement!

      Delete