Saturday, November 3, 2012

Hurricane Sandy: The Clean Up

It's Fallback Nov. 4 here in the States!! 
Did you set your clocks back one hour???


 
Today we went and cleaned up a yard for an elderly couple from our church. 
The wife is currently in the hospital due to a minor stroke. Justin and I took some of our teens down to this dear couples home to see what we could do to clean up their yard. 

 
 There were three or four large trees that had been knocked down including some branches and other debris. This area of my state is still without power and suffered alot of high winds. This street alone had 8 downed trees just by the roads. People were all over their yards with chainsaws and rakes trying to clean up. 

Anna making us all nervous with the saw.... lol

 The novelty of sawing wore off after about 10 seconds. 

This tree knocked down the phone and power lines. There was no electricity in this area as of the clean up.

 
 The guys carrying logs from a huge branch that fell.

The girls raking... I ran the leaf blower believe it or not! lol


 Anna was very protective of her leaf piles! 

Justin hard at work!

 It was very very very cold!!

Although it was cold we had clear skies! 

Mike was the first one to jump in.... no surprise there...lol


 
 I plan to make a better video soon, but here is a video of the trees.

 God bless, 
~Rebecca


Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. I am turning my clock back in the morning so I can enjoy the extra hour getting my children ready for church. LOL! Those leaves look so totally jump-worthy. I would have been the second one in. HA HA!!

    ReplyDelete