Monday, October 1, 2012

The Ongoing Ankle Saga

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=4815930370295336&id=fb1378f2cdd7604e1d33e41d134410f7
 
Had my follow-up appointment today. My left ankle has improved from physical therapy, but I will be going for an MRI due to a tendon that is still swollen.  If you look at the diagram above the long blue section right between the two bones is where I am having issues. (under the round blue circle thing)
 If the MRI reveals that the muscle is torn I will have to go for surgery :( If there is no tear I probably have tendinitis. Which would mean more physical therapy and time for it to heal. I am hoping for the latter even though I do not like physical therapy- I would hate to have surgery especially with the holidays and winter right around the corner. I also am pretty freaked out about surgery as it is. (I passed out getting blood drawn people...) I am trying not to think about dealing with that and recovery, and just...oh it gives me the shivers just thinking about it!! 
(doesn't help that I found an actual photo of an ankle surgery when looking for the diagram!)
So..... kinda sad/depressed/nervous.  It will be either really good news or really bad....
 Either way its frustrating. 
Thankyou so much for your prayers and encouragement!! You guys and gals are the best! 
 
God bless, 
~Rebecca

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment