Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Youth Fest 2012

Youth Fest 2012!

What is Youth Fest? Since 2009 my home church hosts an annual festival for teens on Columbus day.  There has been an average of 700+ teens every year. Youth Fest lasts for one day only. There are 3 preaching sessions, including gaming times. Games include the classic carnival attractions, plus paintball and the obstacle course. The Teens can win prizes, buy concessions and test their strength and endurance.

It is a long, exhausting,  but fun filled day!

I hope you enjoy the photos and videos

There was a total of 700 people and teens in attendance


 My dad ran a booth this year, my mom brought my two youngest siblings to visit at  lunch.

My little sister, Kitty :) 


So many teens! 



Volleyball




Giant Connect 4

Balloon Blast 



Go Karts! 


Paint Ball! 

Paintball is always very popular 


Giant BasketBall

This was quite popular....



My little brother won a prize! 


Youth Pastor Cory on an ATV 



The teens really enjoyed this basketball! 

Dodgeball court 


this is a jousting/gladiator type of game. The object of the game is to knock your opponent off of the bean bag! 


Pastor Dave won!! 


The teen on the right is from our youth group. 

Justin and his cousin Jake try the jousting game!


Click to see who won!


Some brave hearted girls tried it too!


My brothers going at it.

Rows of game booths




With my cousin Elisabeth :)




Left side of the fest grounds



Panoramic of the festival grounds. Both of the girls in the pink are the same person, she ran through the shot while I was panning and bumped me. lol. Its my sister.



The GIANT slide!



Matthew and friends going down the slide and crashing into each other... lol


I kinda wished I was a little kid again for ten minutes so I could slide too!!





Two of the girls from our youth group.


Yesse, Melissa and I! Yesse and Melissa are from Tale of the Four Brides!
Melissa is due with her first in December!






My dad attaching more balloons to the balloon blaster. You pump air pumps to make your balloon pop first.



Justin and I taking a break!







The speaker this year was Pastor Al Stone.




So many teens!


And here is my brother saying thanks for looking at all these awesome pictures- and of course my awesome smile. lol

God bless,
~Rebecca



Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. I like the new blog design!

    Hope you hear results for your MRI soon and that they are good.

    Still praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vivielle, I like the blues! Personally I hate change, but this blog sorely needed an updated look. I will be getting my results from the MRI tomorrow!

      thankyou for your prayers! They mean so much!

      Delete