Thursday, September 27, 2012

Unusual Things We Did This Summer!



(EDIT: I am STILL getting used to the new way of editing and posting with the new blogger dashboard! if something looks odd that is why! )


Yes, this is me. And Yes- I am wearing a pink wig.



Justin and I did some unusual (for me) and fun things this summer!!
Not only did we travel down to Myrtle Beach in South Carolina, Letchworth State Park in New York and a few trips to Massachusetts, we also went to the ConnectiCon and went to see Lindsey Stirling Live!!

For those who don't know what the ConnectiCon is....
Every year all over the US there are several conventions for all sorts of things. This particular convention is for cosplayers, gamers, game designers, artists, web comic creators, and just your general array of "geekiness and nerdities"

Justin and I attended in costume, this was not his first time attending, but it was mine!


 Justin and I
 
 
 The HUGE version for the Settlers of Catan board game


Creeper mask from the MineCraft game (one of my personal favorite in video games)


Clones from Star Wars

 
 My Little Pony character


Heading to the My Little Pony photo shoot!


Getting ready for the My Little Pony Cosplay shoot

 
All these people were cosplaying My Little Pony!


Main MLP characters
 There's me with the bunny! (I made that bunny!)
I was the character "Fluttershy"


Background MLP characters


Ok, now this is pretty neat- this lady was cosplaying a photographer from MLP- and she was an actual newspaper photographer in Real life!


Everybody is so colorful!

 
  All these girls were dressed up as Fluttershy!


Steam Punk


Tetris and a Tony Stark


People!


 This is just a TINY portion of how many people we there!


Mario Bros characters


Harley Quinn and The Joker


Mini Merida!!


These three were my absolute favorite cosplayers, as Mozzilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Google Chrome!

 
 Spiderman!!



Kingdom Hearts characters.... 



Legend of Korra



 

Batman and co, and little Spiderman!

There were so many other characters I didn't get pictures of due to the sheer amount of people! There were Darth Vaders, Super Man, Iron Man, Super Mario Bros., Disney Princesses, you name it, it was probably there! There were hundreds of characters I didn't even recognize!    

 It was a long exhausting day, but a fun experience!

The other thing we did this summer was see Lindsey Stirling!



This isn't her! This adorable little girl is named Mollie Freer, she is only 9 years old and she is amazing at the Ukulele! She was part of the opening acts







She wrote this Song "Country Girl" 

 
She was so cute! 

 
This is Lindsey! 
She plays the violin and posts videos on Youtube! 
She plays pretty much every genre, from classical to celtic to pop. Not all of her music is exactly my taste, but she does have some very gorgeous pieces!




"River Flows in You"


 It was great to see her in person! 



So those were two of the unusual things we did this summer! 

God bless, 
~Rebecca







Pin It Now!

2 comments: