Friday, October 12, 2012

MRI Results

The results from the MRI came back, there is no tear!!

I do have tendinitis, which will just take time. Dr R said that I had more tendinitis on that swollen ligament, but also on the inside of my ankle. 

So... a daily routine of heat, exercise, ice and gentle use for several months is on my schedules. I will also continue physical therapy for 4 weeks to give my ankle a kick start. 

Dr. R also recommended I get shoe inserts (like Dr. Scholls) as my left foot tends to turn outward when I walk. He believes this is caused by  my left ankle being weak from so many injuries. 

I also have heel pain in both of my feet after walking so the doctor said that would help since I  have poor arches.  *sigh* That was probably caused by poor shoes. (I have REALLY wide feet so when I find a pair that fits (even if barely!), I really wear them out, I hate shoe shopping because of this!!)

 Thankyou all for your prayers, and for your encouragement, it means the world to me.

God bless, 
~Rebecca

 
Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. So glad to hear about the results and that there is no tear! Praying that the inserts, therapy, and new routine will be just what your ankle needs.

    Oh, and I love your new design and header!!
    ♥~Lina

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad there is no tear! Still praying for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY for no surgery! LOVE that.

    My mom has had tendonitis in her arm before - a real pain (both literally and figuratively) but it has healed nicely. It just takes a LONG time.

    Have you thought about going to an actual shoe store having having your shoes fitted? It's expensive, but it can be worth it. My husband also has really wide, large feet and he buys an average of 3 pairs of shoes every 2 years (he's on his feet 10 hours a day). They're expensive (retail of about $150/pair - he has the store notify him of sales, etc. and gets them for about half that) but it's meant no more back or foot pain!

    We'll keep up the prayers for you!
    Hugs,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Rebecca -- Glad that you will not require surgery. I walk a lot for my job and I find that clogs with hard soles are the best (I have plantar fasciitis). Although they may be a little pricey, Danskos or Sanitas are GREAT shoes and last a LONG time. Check out clogoutlet.com for good prices -- they come in wide sizes, as well. I LOVE my black patent leather clogs and get lots of compliments on them. I also have a pair of brown mary-jane style clogs that look very cute with dresses/skirts.

    ReplyDelete