Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Epidural is Done


Hey everybody. Well- it's over-finally. I had the epidural injection this morning. And yes just as I feared it felt incredibly weird and unpleasant. The worst part was that Justin couldn't be with me during the procedure and that was very hard on me. Its really hard to be brave without him. 

Anyways- I was given novacaine but they had to give me more once the dr attempted to do the epidural. While it was mostly painless the feelings were very weird and uncomfortable. At one point or felt like a giant metal rod was being shoved down my leg. Not fun!! I am home now, sore and very out of it. 
And I have a bizarre muscle twitch in my right leg. Ugh. 

Justin treated me like a princess today- I got a donut this morning! And a special ice cream pie from Burger King, he made homemade calzones for supper and we ate ice cream while watching Monster's University. (Really good btw!!) 

My sore and swollen back :( 

Please pray the medicine takes effect and I won't need another shot. I just don't know if I would be brave enough to do that again. All right guys and gals, goodnight. Be good and I will chat soon. 

Love Rebecca
Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I know how strange epidurals feel...I have had two with two of my babies's births. My husband had to leave the room also so it does make it a bit more stressful. Hope the epidural helps and you are back to feeling better really soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dearie - spent a bunch of time praying for you yesterday and this morning as well. It took me a while for my left leg to feel "right" again after I had my epidural but it did go back. In the meantime - WEIRD! :P

    Adding prayers that you'll be feeling better soon.
    Long distance Hugs,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made it, Rebecca! You did it! I'm sorry your hubby was shuttled away (what's up with THAT?), but you did it. Now to hope you will be getting some relief!

    ReplyDelete