Sunday, August 25, 2013

My Mom's 50th Birthday- SURPRISE!!!




My mother turned 50 yesterday! We threw her a surprise party for her this past weekend. 
The surprise was a total success! She had no clue we what we were up to! 
Anyways, on Saturday afternoon my grandmother took my mom out to do some "birthday" shopping. As soon as Grandma's car was no longer visible everyone started scrambling to set up and decorate!   


My grandparents bought balloons! 

Setting up the tables

We didn't know where to put the sign...so my cousin Elisabeth and I hung it on the pool....lol

Done! 

Here we see two examples of the mysterious male human species doing what they call "decorating"

?????????


They had wrapped this banner around the basketball pole...ok....

Kitty showing off the headband our sister Stephanie made for her.

Collin and Kitty

"When is Mommy coming back????"

Collin said he HAD to have a hat matching his shirt.

brother and sister...awww how sweet

Justin! <3 

The party guests waiting for the birthday girl

Hey look it's my sister and I! 

Here is the birthday girl!

SURPRISE!!!

Hugging her dad

Mrs. E

Divya giving my mom a birthday hug!

Malini and Michele giving my mom big hugs! 

Michelle's daughter Melissa joined the hugging party

I am so glad we surprised her! 

Yes...we regretted giving them those horns within five seconds...

All you heard was those horns! 

Brandon gets a hat too! 

Grandma said that mom needed a hat too

And a birthday horn! 

awwww...such a cute birthday girl

Time for the yummy food! 

We had picnic foods...sooo good!

My cousin Elisabeth (fondly know as Lisbeth), our Grandpa and my brother Jeremiah

Did I mention that the food was amazing?

Brandon, Mom and Marina. Years ago (long before I even existed!) my mom worked at a bank and Marina was one of her co-workers and ended they up as life-long friends. 

Everybody enjoying the meal

Lisabeth and Kitty!

My brother Brandon

The cake! 

Jeremiah and Mom, he is catching up to her! I bet he will be taller than her by next summer...

Blow out the candles! 

Time for gifts! 

Justin had picked out the perfect card for my mom...

She LOVES Hoops and Yoyo! 

Justin and I gave her a Jane Austen book collection. 
Opening more gifts!

Michelle had made a cross-stitch for my mom! 

The kids REALLY wanted to help lol

My mother received more books! 

Brandon gave our mom a computer chair...Caleb said he was "already using it to sit!"

Grandma M., Kitty, Marissa, Jehan, Caleb and Matt roasting marshmellows

They burned more marshmallows then they ate though! 

We had a great time at my mom's surprise party, I told her she better plan to stick around for another 60 years! :) 

God bless, and a BIG Happy Birthday to my wonderful mom! 
~Rebecca





Pin It Now!

8 comments:

  1. Oh I LOVE Surprise parties!! :) She looks so happy. I'll bet she feels so blessed to have such wonderful children.

    By the way...I know how you feel with the health issues...I stepped on FOUR nails Friday night. Some people think it is grand and glorious to be laid up having everyone wait on you but it is SO annoying!!! UGH. Totally know how you feel. Praying for everything to work out for you health-wise. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope she does feel blessed!

      Oh, I definitely hope you heal up quickly!! And yes there is nothing glamorous about being laid up!!!! Thankyou for your prayers!

      Delete
  2. Oh my!! Your mom does NOT LOOK 50!!!!! She looks like 30 or something! Haha...my mom is 49 and gets the exact same thing. Hooray for young-looking moms! :D Happy Birthday to your mama!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I told my mom your comment and she said "Well that just made my day!" Thankyou!!

      Delete
  3. oh and by the way, I DESPISE party hats. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. eh, party hats are fine...party horns...now that is something else all together

      Delete
  4. Looks like such a fun party! Do you think she suspected anything? She looked perfectly dressed for the occasion. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, she didn't suspect anything. My mom always dresses nicely to go out, and since my grandmother had taken her shopping she had dressed up a bit. This trait is something I really appreciate about my mom. Now that her youngest is 7 she can start paying a bit more attention to her appearance!! She is rarely dressed poorly/frumpy. I think it contributes to why she looks younger than 50! :D

      Delete