Thursday, August 22, 2013

Health Update- Physical Therapy Once Again

Hi everyone! 

I have begun physical therapy for my lower back. Both the doctor and the therapist noted that my spine has a curve in it. The therapist told me we can alleviate the pain however I will need to support my spine- with pillows or back pads and so on when I sit. 

I would appreciate your prayers because I slipped and fell in our bathroom this week and I don't know how this is going to affect things. 

**************************************************************

It always feels like one thing after another for me to deal with. It is very discouraging. No matter how hard I try to improve I do stupid things like slipping and falling. I can't get ahead of my own bad luck. 
Once my back is ok something else will happen, yes I am a pessimist but that is how the pattern goes and it's hard not to expect worse instead of better. Thank God I have Justin, he has been so patient and helpful during all this.

*********************************************************************
By the way, does anybody know of a shampoo that is better than head and shoulders? I do have a bit of dandruff, but it's the burning itch that really bothers me. If I wash my hair and let it dry on its own, or go to bed with it damp it will be dry but have a burning itch. If I blow-dry it it's not as bad. So many times I have been far too tired to blow dry my hair, but cannot stand it being dirty any longer and I wash it before bed. The next morning I end up having to rewash it and blow-dry it due to the intense burning itch.

God bless, 
~Rebecca
Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. Contrary to popular belief, most inexpensive grocery-store type dandruff treatments actually dry your scalp out, which then in turn exacerbates the itch/flake/scalp condition! Try something more natural. I use Kiehl's (which is pricey) but I've also heard good things about the JASON products. See links below.

    Kiehl's: http://www.kiehls.com/Scalp-Purifying-Anti-Dandruff-Shampoo/690,default,pd.html?cm_mmc=Mercent-_-CSE-_-Google-_-ScalpPurifyingAnti-DandruffShampoo&cm_mmc=LabeliumSearch-_-GooglePE-_-any-_-any&cse=k_google&mr:trackingCode=CC3F7855-B84B-E211-85BB-001517B188A2&mr:referralID=NA&mr:adType=pla

    JASON: http://www.puritan.com/health-beauty-070/jason-dandruff-shampoo-036874?scid=26593&cmp=gpl-_-Health%20and%20Beauty-_-036874&CAWELAID=1782916915%26catargetid%3D1798775240%26cadevice%3Dc&cagpspn=pla&gclid=CImIt8PqkbkCFaU5QgodjkoA3A

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry you're having continuing problems, Rebecca! I understand the feeling of there always being something else (I've been dealing with a stupid locked hip muscle again - sigh). Finding a place of peace is really, really, REALLY hard. Some days I have it - most days I don't. :(

    Do you have a gratitude journal? I started one a few years ago - something that I was thankful for with John, each of our children, and life in general. Some days it was "I'm breathing" and that was about it. :) It did help a lot. And it's fun now to go back and read some of the things I was grateful for when things were at their darkest.

    I read somewhere that baby shampoo is a good substitute for dandruff shampoo. No idea if that is true but it might be something to ask your hairdresser about...

    Long distance HUGS!
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebecca - I agree with above poster that your shampoo could be drying your scalp. I LOVE Paul Mitchell Special Tea Tree shampoo and conditioner -- works great to keep my scalp and hair healthy, has a nice little tingle and smells great! It's in a green bottle and available at drugstore.com.

    ReplyDelete