Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Health Update

Time for another health update! 

I went to see my Endocrinologist this past Monday, my fasting blood sugar in November was 103, and now it is at 88! My risk of diabetes has been lowered and I am VERY excited. 

Justin and I have been changing how and what we eat, and although I haven't lost much weight yet, just the significant change in my fasting blood sugar is amazing! 

My hormone levels (because of the PCOS) are still severely imbalanced though... I take a very low dose of the medication because higher doses make me sick. The doctor would like to get me on a higher dose. 

In other news, I got either a sinus infection or have developed allergies. I spent a couple weeks with terrible headaches and cold-like symptoms. Between allergy medicines and an antibiotic I am starting to feel better. 

Have a good day!! 
~Rebecca
Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Rebecca! I pop on your blog from time to time so I am sorry that my comment is late....

    First of all, I am sorry to hear that you are not feeling well! Health issues are no fun to struggle with. And second, have you ever heard of the book 'Trim Healthy Mama'? If I could recommend it to everyone I would - it is truly amazing and will change your thinking for life. It is not a "diet" but a way of eating (and you can even eat chocolate!) and is EXTREMELY helpful for losing weight and also balancing hormones! The book is a bit pricey, being that it is so new but it is worth every penny. If you want, look it up on fb and check out some of the stories as they are verrry encouraging!

    Fellow blogger,
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I haven't heard about that book, and I will have to check it out!

      Delete