Monday, May 13, 2013

Big News!!!!

I finally own an SLR camera!!!!! :)
After months of trying to save up for one, my husband found a Nikon D3100 on sale! It was a great camera and I had almost enough! Justin chipped in and now I have my first SLR!! 

So you might be wondering, how is an SLR better than the camera I had before? 
Well, if you look at the photos above- the one on the left was taken with my Fujifilm Finepix S3200, and the photo on the right was taken with the Nikon D3100. Can you notice the difference? 


Since I just got this new camera only a week ago I haven't had that much to photograph yet, but we did go to a park to try it out! Here are my favorite photos (after editing/enhancements)!! 

I REALLY love this photo of these two rock doves, I decided to give the photo a very soft and almost vintage look.

With this photo I went with a more modern pop of colors.

These blossoms really popped with a soft neon and pastel effect

A very soft "spring" look.

This is a Greylag goose!

I spent almost 20 minutes just trying to get a photo of a bird in flight- I soon figured out that it was not easy!! But I DID get one good photo!! 

Canadian Geese are VERY common in our state

They are very funny in my opinion

But also very pretty! 


Some of the photos I had trouble editing. I am so used to doing ALOT of editing work to get the photos to look semi-decent so I am trying to learn to do less- because they are already pretty good on their own! It's going to take some time, but I think these edits were very good. Do you have any favorites?

A BIG thankyou to everyone who was praying for me to get that SLR- it means the world to me! 


God bless, 
Rebecca






Pin It Now!

10 comments:

  1. Ooooooooooooooooooooo! How exciting! Enjoy your new "baby". :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you follow the Resolved2 Worship blog? She has some great photo hints (and her writing about her walk with God is phenomenal!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not heard of that blog- I'll have to check it out!

      Delete
  3. These are all amazing! You are very talented:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congtatulations Rebecca!

    Wish we lived close enough to have you take family photos for us. :( Enjoy your new camera and share some more photos when you get a chance!

    Thanks for sharing,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful job! I think a camera is now on my "to save for" list. ;)

    ReplyDelete