Thursday, January 31, 2013

Stephanie's Gift

My sister is a very talented artist, and is blossoming every day with greater skill! She (along with all my younger siblings) adore the My Little Pony cartoon. Stephanie designed her own original character based on the cartoon. She named her Ruby Glitz and has drawn many pictures of her character. 

I knew about artists and seamstresses who could take drawings and turn them into an actual plushie, after a few months of research I contacted an artist named Jaime Diffee and commissioned a plushie. These beautiful handmade plushies can be expensive, but my parents and husband kindly chipped in!

  
Stephanie opening her gift! 

Kitty was a tiny bit jealous- I had to remind her it was Stephie's birthday! She said "But my birthday is SO FAR AWAY!!" (it's in May) lol

Stephanie was very excited about the plushie! 

Sister love!!! 

More sisterly love! 


Jaime also sent this drawing for my sister! 


************************************************************************

I was very pleased with Jaime Diffee's work on the Plushie. 
I have seen many artists charge far too much for a poorly made plushie- however Jaime made my sister's beautiful plushie for under $100. I will also add that these Plushies are not suitable for children under 12, simply due to watching my siblings "love" cheaper store bought plushies to death!       


Jaime does more than just create plushies! 
If you would like to contact her about an art or sewing commission you can email her at 

heyletscommunicate@gmail.com

Or visit her Tumblr to see photos at




God bless, 
~Rebecca
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment