Tuesday, October 4, 2011

My Wedding- The Ceremony

The music begins and the grandparents are seated.....

The quartet sings, "Yours Forever"


"When the sun is shining bright,  I'll be yours forever,
When you face the darkest night, we will face it together,"


"Through the good times, I'll be there, 
Clinging warmly to your hand,
When there's no one else to care, I'll be there to understand"

"When I look into your eyes, I can see us together, 
There will be no sad goodbyes, as our love blossoms sweeter,"

"There's a place inside my heart,
I know only you can fill, Until death we'll never part,
You're the keeper of my heart,"


"Yours forever, only yours, I'll be yours, forever, 
Yours forever only yours, God has brought us together, 
On the wings of love you came, and you taught me how to fly, 
Through the years it will be the same I'll be yours, forever!"

The parents walk down the aisle
The Quartet begins to sing "O Wondrous Love" as the parents light the candles.....

"O Wondrous Love that will not leg me go, 
I cling to you with all my strength and soul,
Yet if my hope, should ever fail, your wondrous love will never let me go,"

"O Wondrous Love thats come to dwell in me. Lord, who am I? 
That I should come to know- Your tender voice, assuring me,
your wondrous love will never let me go,"


"I'm resting in the Everlasting arms, in the ever faithful heart,
The Shepherd of my life, You carry me on Your mighty wings of grace, 
keeping me until the day, I look into your eyes,"

The men come out and wait as the music plays....
"Sunrise"

The bridesmaids enter...

Dear Stephanie, 
You were such a brave girl that day! 
I know how hard it was for you knowing that I was getting married and leaving home, 
You looked so pretty! Thankyou for making the wedding extra special!

Dear Jessica, 
You are a wonderful girl and my dear sister-in-law, 
the work you put into my wedding was priceless!
I know it was not easy letting someone else take your big brother... you two have such a special relationship! Thank you so much for being my new sister.

Dear Haley! 
My smiling one!!! Your phone calls of encouragement made such a 
difference while I planned the wedding! You are a special  sweet girl!
Thankyou for being a bridesmaid!!

Dear Jordan, 
The best part of our friendship is simple! 
You encourage me so much in the Lord, and I encourage you! I am so glad you were part of my wedding!! Thankyou for all your help and for all the laughs that morning!

Dear Galina, 
Thankyou for being my maid of honor, 
You and I have known each other for so long! 13 years in fact!
Thankyou so much for being patient with me and for all your help during the planning!

Dear Caleb, 
My little buddy and my little brother. 
I miss you! You did a great job as the ring bearer!
And you looked mighty handsome too!

Dear Kitty, 
My awesome Flower girl (princess)
You made the best flower girl (princess) ever!
I love you!!
(she insisted she was a princess...)

The doors close and the music changes, 
"Dearly Beloved"

The mothers rise, and so do the people as the doors open....

My father and I enter the church. 
People smile and some cry. Many have known me since I was a child, now they watch as I walk down the aisle....

The smile on his face is priceless, my handsome fiance soon to be my husband....

We bow our heads as my pastor opens the ceremony with prayer, 
The quartet sings, "In All Things"
"And this we know in the journey of life, 
Whether green rolling hills or the deserts bare and dry,
In all things God works for our good,
For we who love the Lord"

"In the lush, verdant valleys where we walk sure and strong, 

And the rugged terrain unsafe and long; God has promised his help,
Fear not, I will guide you. Take my hand for my promises are true,"

"In the seasons of life, times of joy or despair, victory and defeat,
I know the plans I have for you, says your God. Plans to prosper you,
Not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future, 
Believe in Me, Trust in Me, For I am your God"


Evangelist Dan Souza gets up to give the "charge to the couple" 
This is a cherished moment, he has known me since I was a child.


I know he was so excited about preaching for our wedding!

My pastor of 19 years performs the marriage ceremony.

We exchange our vows and our wedding bands.

Lighting the unity candle during the end of "O Wondrous Love"

"O wondrous love that rushes over me, 
I can't escape this river's glorious flow, 
You overwhelm my days with good, Such wondrous love will never let me go,"

"O wondrous love that sings of Calvary, 
the sweetest song this sinner has ever known, 
The song of Your redeeming Son, 
Whose wondrous love will never let me go"

"I'm resting in, in the ever faithful heart, in the everlasting arms, 
The Shepherd of my life, 
You will carry me on Your mighty wings of grace, 
Keeping me until the day, I look into your eyes,"

"This wondrous love will never let me go,"

Justin's pastor gets up to give the prayer of dedication...

At this moment I realized my pastor was crying, 
a memory to treasure forever.

Waiting for those long awaited words...
"I now pronounce you husband and wife, 
"You may now kiss the Bride"

Our first kiss is quick, but our hug is long. Relief washes through us both. 
We are finally married!

We are married!!!

"O come let us sing to the Lord!
O come let us shout and resound with jubilation!
Come let us sing, come let us sing, 
Come let us sing to the Lord"

The bridal party leaves the church,

As do our families,

Our parents exchange hugs.


******************************************************************

Well everybody, 
I have tried my best to give you a feel for what my wedding was like!
One year's worth of planning and everything went perfectly!!

God bless, 
~Rebecca, 


formal portraits coming soon!!

Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a stunning ceremony. You did a great job arranging this post too. Everyone looked so perfect...including your little princess. Just gorgeous!! :)

    ReplyDelete