Thursday, November 21, 2013

Follow Up Appointment For Back

Hey everyone! 

I just had my follow up appointment yesterday to check on my progress since the epidural cortisone injection. For any new readers- I have two herniated discs in my lower back (L4 and L5) 

So far everything looks good and I have a second follow up in three months. I was given a back brace to help protect my back if I have to go out for extended periods/ standing for extended periods. 

Regarding recovery, 40% who receive the epidural experience no pain after treatment and can live without pain, 30% suffer from moderate pain for life while the other 30% suffer from severe pain for life. I hope you will all be in prayer that I can be in the 40%!!! 

Going through all this has been scary as the pain may and can return. It feels like my life will be on hold for the next couple years waiting to see what is going to happen. *sigh*

If any of my lovely readers had to deal with a herniated disc, or are currently dealing with one- I'd love to talk with you!  You can email me at jubsjuream2011@gmail.com or leave a comment below. 

I hope you all have a great day! Love, Rebecca
Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. Be careful not to overdo or do something that stresses your back-lifting heavy things is especially horrendous. I do not have a herniated disc, but I have a condition where one of my vertebrae has slipped forward, narrowing the space between them. I know what it's like to live with daily pain, sometimes so severe you can't move. It is definitely not something I would want anyone to have. God is good, and He is in control, and He can heal whenever He sees fit. I will definitely be praying that the pain does not return. Glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete