Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Thoughts on Days Long Gone...

This lady photographed in the 1960s is my great Grandmother.
She passed away several years ago at the age of 96. 
Because she lived in Canada, and because she did not speak english- I never got a chance to know her while she was alive. 

My mother found this photograph last year and made a digital copy. I was able to save the photo to my computer too. 

Looking at this photo...I have so many questions! I know very little about my ancestors...and for a history buff like me- that is very depressing. I wish I knew more about my family's history. Not just 100 years back, but as far as possible! Knowing that will probably never happen makes me very sad. I'd love to know if they did anything special, met anyone famous, saw a famous event, maybe even a fascinating love story or two... I certainly wish I could know their stories. 

God bless, 
~Rebecca


Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. Well Rebecca there is not to much that I know about my Grandma either. I know that she was a mother to 6 children. (My mother's mom) Raised her family in Lac Megantic, Quebec. Right were that terrible train wreck was just a few weeks ago. I also know that my mother (your grandmother) said that my grandfather loved to see her in pretty things. So he was always buying her jewelry and other pretty things. Maybe you could some how find out more about her ancestors . Love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Mom. I remember Grandma saying that about her too.

      Delete