Sunday, July 21, 2013

Betta Appreciation Post

One of my current projects I have been working on is trying to improve the photos of the bettas. I would like to take more "artistic photos" of my bettas- but I am still....missing something. Anyways, these were from my latest attempt. I included some detail shots so you can see their beautiful scales up close

So, this is where Ty-Lee spends most of his time. To coax him out into the open more I usually drop a few food pellets in.

Here Ty-Lee is swimming upwards for the food.

Look at the shine and reflections on his scales! I just love it!! 

Okay, notice how the ends of his tail fins kind of fan out a bit? Well, we had an issue with a previous plastic plant that was tearing all the edges of his fins! Once we discovered this we switched out the plastic plant for a much softer fabric one. And the "fan" look to his tail is actually fin regrowth! 

I adore up close photos. The bettas are so small, it's awesome to see what they look like in more detail.

This is my fat little boy Deedo.

I love his array of colors


So, within the next few weeks I am going to try to photograph them again and see if I can get my little guys to flare their fins. It is incredibly pretty when they flare! 

God bless, 
~Rebecca


Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. I love Deedo. He's like a peacock, but he's a fish! So pretty.

    ReplyDelete