Friday, July 26, 2013

Percy Update: Litter Box Training





Our rabbit has successfully been litter box trained. He uses a litter box both inside and outside of his cage. After helping potty-train 5 of my younger siblings I have come to a conclusion- Potty training my bunny was FAR EASIER than child potty-training! (that or I am just really good at potty training...lol) 

I am very pleased with the fact that we were actually successful in training Percy to use his litter box. I am noticing a huge difference with having an indoor rabbit as compared to the outdoor one I had years ago. 

Having Percy around has made a positive impact on my struggle with panic disorder. Because I don't want to rely on medication to avoid a panic attack, many times I will just spend a few moments chilling with Percy, having something to focus on can usually calm away the rising panic. 

Plus, who wouldn't love something soft and cuddly pestering you for a head rub?? 

God bless, 
~Rebecca



Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. If only children were that easy...at least my children anyway. I have successfully trained one and am working on the second. Probably my least favorite task when it comes to parenting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I helped potty-train five of my younger siblings.... only one of them was "easy". lol

      Delete
  2. Your bunny is adorable. I love his ears -- they're HUGE! We have 2 guinea pigs and I have heard they, too, can be litterbox trained, but I don't know anything about doing it. They poop A LOT! Any tips?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From what I understand litter box training a guinea pig is similar to how a rabbit is trained. Here are some links that might help http://www.wikihow.com/Litter-Train-Guinea-Pigs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkNv3W8qbJ4
      http://www.smallanimalchannel.com/guinea-pigs/guinea-pig-behavior/guinea-pig-litter-training.aspx

      Delete