Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Why I Created "Tale of the Four Brides"

Well, the Tale of the Four Brides series has finally ended! 
I hope to has been a blessing to many young ladies! 

Some of you may be wondering, "Why four brides? How are you all connected?" 
Well, apart from the fact that we all went to the same college and all the guys were friends since their freshmen year, there is a photo.


This photo was taken during the college Valentine Banquet during our senior year in 2011. Justin and I were engaged, and the other three couples were courting.  We didn't think anything was special about this photo until after the other three couples were engaged. Our weddings were all within a year of this photo.

I found the photo and sent it to the other brides-to-be laughing about how neat it was that we were all engaged and soon-to-be-married, and how we all happened to decide to sit at the same table.

One by one we got married, and by the time of the last wedding the story of this photo had gotten around. The wedding photographer for the last wedding was the same photographer of the banquet photo. When he heard the story he was very excited...and so we got more photos!!







These photos are very special to all of us!
A little while after this wedding, I started to get the idea of sharing our stories with my readers! I am working on a "Tale of the Four Brides" blog, that I plan to update weekly regarding courting, dating, relationships, singleness, friendship, and newly wed advice and ideas. I hope to also include a "Wedding Helps" section.

Now that this series is over I can hardly wait to get back to my regular blogging!! I have so much to blog about!

God bless,
~Rebecca



Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. Well, now that we "know' everyone, you'll have to keep us posted on what's going on with them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing each of these stories Rebecca! Each one has been so inspiring and a blessing. :D And I love the story with the photos. How neat, and I'm sure wonderful memories for each of you. :)

    Love the new blog idea! Can't wait to see that. :D

    Have a wonderfully blessed day!
    Angel

    ReplyDelete
  3. How special!! Thanks for sharing the background. You all are SOO cute!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of the greatest thing about doing this series is that it inspired you to create a whole new area of blogging (remember you said you were sort of at a writer's block awhile back?). So, growth is good! You are so sweet -- I really enjoy reading what you write!

    ReplyDelete