Friday, April 20, 2012

Yesse's Story part 3

TALE OF THE FOUR BRIDES



"The Perfect Man"
By Yessenia S.
PART 3





 I know that the time apart was needful for Kris and I. I sometimes wish that period of time was not part of our story, but there it is. For myself, I was starting to put Kris above other things. That should not have been. It was honestly a wakeup call. That was my time to get closer to my Savior and to learn patience. (I hate waiting.)

I claimed Psalm 27:14 as my verse. “Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.” 
I really had to do it. I did not know if we would ever be together again. It was not my job to worry about it. It was my job to wait and to trust. I continued to pray for him and us. I wanted us to be together again.


On January 17, 2011, God answered prayer. 
We were allowed to officially talk again. We had gotten a second chance. The Lord was merciful! “The Lord is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him.” (Lamentation 3:25) We still struggled.
 Once a kiss has transpired it’s difficult to not seek after another one. Throughout that year and the next, Kris and I continued to struggle. That summer after my sophomore year (Kris’ Junior Year) I decided that I was going to commute for my junior year. There was no way I could live in the dorm. The temptation was still too great.


We made it through that year as well, not without some difficulties, but the Lord was merciful to us. On May 3, 2011 (my parents anniversary) Kris proposed to me in Boston! 


    It was wonderful to know that this man, the first man I had every dated, was going to be my husband! That filled me with such joy! The Lord allowed that prayer and commitment that I had made to come true!!!    

As of October 14, 2011 we started another beginning, that of marriage.







Ours is a story of second chances and new beginnings. When I think of us, I think of Lamentations 3:22-23 “It is of the LORD’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is they faithfulness.” 



He is faithful and merciful. He saw us through many joys and sorrows, and gave us a second chance to grow in Him and love each other more. 


 It is exciting to see what the Lord has in store for us next. 









Only by His grace, 
Mrs. Yessenia S. 





Yesse and her husband Kris are now living in RI, faithfully serving the Lord in their local church. 
I have known Yesse for many years, and I have never met someone so bubbly and enthusiastic as she is! 

If Yesse's story touched you, please be sure to leave a comment! She doesn't have her own blog (...yet, lol)
but I can email your comments to her! 

God bless, 
~Rebecca
(p.s. My story next!!)

Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Yesse and Rebecca -- I enjoyed your story but have a question. You mentioned that in January you were "allowed to officially talk again." Can you explain a little more about that? Was that a revelation or consultation with parents (his? yours?) Navigating this sounds like it must have been confusing? If it was a decision by your parents, how did that unfold? It must be hard to be a young adult making very adult decisions in other areas of your life but letting your parents make this decision.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your story, Yesse. I enjoyed reading it. =)

    ReplyDelete