Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Amanda's Story part 2

TALE OF THE FOUR BRIDES

 "How I Met my Husband" 
By Amanda S.

PART 2


Flora flower [Image Free], flower flower, tulips, water droplets, drops, red, 201004190700

          From that day on, I saw Bruce in a different light.  I began to enjoy talking with him, and although I could tell he still liked me, I felt that he wouldn’t make the move to restore a relationship. 


 After much prayer and counsel from my parents, pastor, and teachers, I wrote him a letter telling him how I had changed, and wondering if he was still interested in a relationship.  Within 4 hours, I received his reply and found out that yes, he was still interested in me.  He had prayed and sought Godly counsel also and had felt that God had told him to “wait, if she wants to, she’ll make the first move.”  Upon hearing that, I experienced great peace, knowing that God had controlled every step of the situation and would surely continue to lead us.  


As unconventional as our “dating” was, God’s hand was evident throughout.  We both had made decisions when we were younger to keep ourselves pure until marriage and I am thankful to say that, by God’s grace, we kept those vows. 





 When we stood at the marriage altar on January 13, 2012, it also marked the first time we had ever kissed.
















 It certainly was not easy to hold to such a high standard, but it was well worth it.  God promises to bless those who honor Him, and although I’ve only been married a couple short months, I can definitely say that God has blessed my husband and I.  We are currently living in PA and working to establish a deaf ministry in our local church, Tabernacle Baptist.  We are anxious to start deputation for Africa, but are waiting for the Lord’s timing and direction. 


          Psalm 118:23 says, “This is the LORD’S doing; it is marvelous in our eyes.”  If I could only have one verse to summarize our relationship, this would be the verse.  Remember, NEBC was not in MY plans, Foreign Missions was not in MY plans, and certainly Bruce Stuart was not in MY plans. 


[フリー画像] 花・植物, ヒナギク・デイジー, ホワイトフラワー, 201004030700

But when I took the MY out, and replaced it with the LORD, I found a true joy and peace that passes all my understanding.  To some, this may seem like just a wonderful “happy-ever-after” story, but without my Lord’s hand guiding throughout, there would be no story to tell.


To God be All the Glory, 
Mrs. Amanda S. 


Amanda and her husband Bruce are currently living in PA and working together to establish a deaf ministry in their local church, Tabernacle Baptist.  They plan start deputation for their call to Deaf Missions in Africa, but are waiting for the Lord’s timing.
Amanda is a very sweet young lady with an amazing gift for American Sign Language!

Amanda just started blogging! You can visit her at 

Be sure to leave her a note that you read her story here!! 





Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. That is so cool about the deaf ministry! What a neat testimony of God's amazing faithfulness :) Really like this story! :)

    ReplyDelete