Monday, April 9, 2012

Amanda's Story part 1

TALE OF THE FOUR BRIDES




 "How I Met my Husband" 
By Amanda S.
PART 1


I was born and raised in New England. 
 I was saved at an early age, and as I approached the end of high school, I began to think about going to Bible college.  





I was all set to go to Oklahoma Baptist College and Institute. My plans were to go far away from home, because that sounded like a neat adventure,but God had other plans and He gave me no peace until I finally surrendered everything to Him. 

Flora flower [Image Free], Asteraceae, Daisy Daisy, White, 201104081300

He led me to NEBC a small Bible College just 40 minutes from my home.  It was there that I met Bruce. He seemed interested in me right from the start, and I was flattered because it was the first time a man had ever seemed to like me.  

[フリー画像] 人物, ボディーパーツ, 手, ハート, 201004260700

As time passed I began to I feel that he was reading too much into our relationship.  He was studying to go to the foreign mission field, and I didn’t feel that call.  So, while I liked him as a friend, I felt there could never be anything more between us, and in the fall of 2009 I told him so, and we “broke up.”


[フリー画像] テクスチャ・背景, バッググラウンド(その他), ハート, 201005220500

          In the summer of 2010, I had the privilege of going on a missions trip to the Deaf Nation World Expo.  I went because I had always had a strong burden for deaf, and this was a great opportunity to meet and witness to thousands of deaf from around the world.  While I was there, God began to strongly burden my heart for foreign deaf missions.  I struggled with it, but finally the night before I left, I surrendered my life to serve as a missionary.



          Back in college that fall, we had testimony time in chapel one day.  Bruce stood up and testified that during the summer, he began to struggle with the possibility of deaf missions.  He felt called to the people of Gabon, Africa, but wondered if God might be calling him to work specifically with the deaf there.  As he told his story and how God showed him and gave him peace about Deaf Missions in Gabon, I felt tears come to my eyes. 

Lonely

It seemed as though God whispered to me, “I can take two people, separated by many miles, and give them both the same calling, the same purpose in life.  Won’t you give Bruce a second chance?”






TO BE CONTINUED...

Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. Ooo...now that would be tough. Breaking up with someone and then feeling that God was bringing you back together. I know someone who is struggling with this very thing right now and oh, what a hard decision it is trying to figure out if it is really God's will or not. Can't wait to read part 2! :)

    Rebecca...I am really enjoying this series! Thanks for your efforts in making it possible! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should tell your friend about this series!!

      And thankyou back! :) I am glad that you are being blessed!

      Delete