Thursday, April 19, 2012

Yesse's Story part 2

TALE OF THE FOUR BRIDES


"The Perfect Man"
By Yessenia S.
Part 2


Through it all, August of 2008 was a whirlwind month. After a summer of struggling with what to do, whether to stick with the tech institute, or quit, I called Dr. B.- (the vice president of NEBC) and asked him if it was too late to attend the school. He said no, and a week later I was at registration. I was not financially prepared (I cried when I saw the bill), but I knew I had done the right thing. I was where God had wanted me to be.


At first I commuted, and then in September I moved into the dorms. I was adjusting, making friends, getting work done, and of course, working. One day, in October, I was outside on the picnic tables reading my history homework, and a guy eating a bagel came over to me.
He introduced himself as Kris. 
We talked for a bit, walked over to lunch, and parted ways. 


That Saturday I went to the nursing home with a few of the girls. Kris was there as he was one of the guys who went regularly. We began talking again. After coming back from the nursing home we hung out together the rest of the day until we both went to work. Throughout that month we continued to talk and spend time together. It wasn’t until a month later, after I had returned from choir tour, that I found a letter on my pillow. It was a letter from Kris telling me as he put it “I take a special interest in you!”

Pen

 He liked me!!!
 I couldn’t believe it!
 I returned at about two in the morning. I couldn’t get to sleep that night. I kept grinning from ear to ear. Here was the first man who ever took a serious interest in me. Remember that list I told you about? Kris had met every requirement. (He even had green eyes ;)!) But more importantly he loved his Savior. He wanted to serve Him with his whole life. That was the biggest characteristic that attracted me to Kristopher.




As the semester progressed I continued to lay the whole situation in prayer. I did not want to be caught up in the thrill of someone taking an interest in me. Also, he had been in a serious relationship that had ended that summer. I did not want to be his “rebound.”  


Red Wooden Hearts




Throughout that school year and through the summer we continued to talk. I made sure my parents were aware of it all and my mom also kept everything in prayer. I had accountability. Things continued to go well in our relationship. We never had starting date for our relationship. I guess it was just understood for us.


 Anyway, the next semester came. Spiritually, I was not doing very well. I had a great summer, but as soon as I returned to school, it became difficult to do my devotions every day. I had a 7 o’clock class every day that semester, and was working to pay off the bill. I began to allow my thoughts to wonder about the physical aspect of relationships. Kris and I had not kissed. We had shared one hug after school let out for the year, and that was all.

 But I began to wonder what a kiss would feel like, a hug, just a small touch. The more we think the more we allow that thought or desire to take root. And in me, it definitely did.

 On November 8, 2009, I had my first kiss. I had wanted to save my first kiss for my wedding day, but it did not happen. I gave in to temptation, and I had allowed myself to become spiritually weak. 
That same week Kris and I got in trouble. We had both worked past curfew and had decided to meet up again. We stayed out till after midnight. I could not tell you why I did such a stupid move. There was kissing involved, but mainly we just held each other and talked. I had good friends who worried about me. My phone was kept on silent and when I looked at it, I had about twelve missed calls. When we parted I came upon one of the RA’s, in the parking lot, who was looking for us. He was on the phone with one of the teachers. At that moment I knew it was the end.

The next day was Friday, November 13. It was probably one of the worst days of my life. It was rainy, gray and cold outside. I had called my parents and told them what had happened. They immediately pulled me out of school. This may seem a little drastic to some, seeing as I was 19, but they are still my parents. They only wanted to do what was best for me. Needless, to say that whole week was awful. I was no longer allowed to have any communication whatsoever with him. At that point I did not know if I was ever going to be able to talk to him again.




To Be Continued...


Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I cannot wait to hear of the Lord's redemption in your love story, Yessie! Thank you for being so transparent! ~Jordan

    ReplyDelete