Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Struggles



I haven't been doing the greatest lately with my anxiety. I feel so much pressure in my own mind that I need to change and that I am not acceptable this way. Now no one is making me feel this way it's my own reckless thoughts that I can not reign in. I worry that I am so messed up and broken by my panic disorder that I can't hope to break free of the chains of my anxieties. 

I finally saw Frozen today and I can relate to Elsa so strongly. I feel that I MUST hide my panic attacks and depression. I teared up several times in the scenes where Elsa was terrified and felt trapped by her own self. Something she couldn't escape. I know how that feels. 

I want to hope that someday I can break free of the panic disorder and the depression. But sometimes it seems hopeless- I keep trying to hope. 


Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. I think it's so brave to talk about your struggles! It can be so isolating to be inside your own head, thoughts racing. Just know that people are rooting for you and sending you good vibes, even people you have never and will never meet. Hugs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear Rebecca I hope that you cheer up, you will break free from those chains I can assure that, there is always something deep in our soul that gives us strength, have you tried involving yourself in activities (maybe crafting, sewing,gardening, yoga, playing an instrument etc..) that can distract your mind from all of those bad thoughts, life today is very stressful but our health, happiness and well being is worth so much more than stress...I know you can overcome these hard obstacles :) you will find solution. Hope you have a wonderful evening .

    Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frozen has spoken to a lot of people! I guess we all have parts of ourselves that we feel we must hide to be accepted. {{{Hugs!}}}

    ReplyDelete
  4. As long as you have hope, you'll be OK. Remember that with God, all things are possible. You'll get through this. Just put one foot in front of the other. You'll get there. :) Hugs

    ReplyDelete