Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Meet Nova!



So I just realized that I never told you all about our new betta!! We got him right before Christmas time and with all the holiday excitement I just completely forgot! With that being said- say hello to Nova! Nova is a male halfmoon betta splendens. The photos do not do his brilliant colors justice at all. He has purple, violet, blue, pink, red and a splash of orange. The above photo is with flash, the below photos are without flash.

In this photo Nova is flaring his fins - look at those colors! He is like a firework!

Nova has been very active and has a very sweet personality. He is not full size yet believe it or not!

Isn't he just gorgeous!?



**************************************************************************


In other betta news, our beautiful Ty-lee swam off to fishy heaven last week. I am so thankful he lived as long as he did considering his spine was bent when we got him. He was a beautiful little fish and I will miss him.  

Deedo however is still going strong! 2 years old and still very active. I hope he will make it to his 3rd year very much so! I will have a hard time when he passes away because he is our first pet and he is very special because of that! 


What was your first pet? 
If you are married did you two get a pet together as newlyweds? Comment below!

Love, Rebecca


Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. My first pet was a dog, a miniature Poodle, when I was 5. He lived until he was 15 and was a big part of my childhood. Fast forward about 13 years later, I'd been married for 3 years and we decided to get our first dog. We figured if we could handle a dog, we could handle children. So, we got our first Portuguese Water dog as a puppy, and 18 months later had our first baby! It is great fun to have pets together and build your family around them. That puppy passed away just over a year ago and our oldest child is 14! Time flies.

    ReplyDelete