Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Valentine's Banquet 2013


My husband and I were invited as alumni to NEBC's Valentine's Banquet a few weeks ago. Winter Storm Nemo caused the banquet to be postponed until this past Friday. 

When Friday night came around we hopped in the car and got VERY lost on our way to the banquet hall...but with the help of cell phones, and of my father-in-law we were only a little late! 


The centerpieces on the table were adorable! That's a candy filled vase with rice crispy hearts on sticks and heart shaped cookies too! The meal was delicious I should add! 


This was on half of the banquet hall. It is a very beautiful building. 

Justin participated in a game where you had to make a tower of those candy conversation hearts.

He was doing pretty good but the smallest tap on the table would knock it over so sadly he didn't win. He even tried to lick them to help them stick together! lol

Dr. Charlie Horton was the guest speaker. The banquet was also for his birthday- 81 years old! He has been fighting cancer for years now. He used to teach at the college for a considerable time. We even had a birthday cake for him!  

 
After the banquet comes the fun part! PICTURES!!! 
This is my brother Collin and his girlfriend Sarah. 

They are an adorable couple! I LOVED their pink and silver theme. 

This is my gorgeous sister-in-law Jessica and the ever-beautiful Danielle, one of her college friends.  

Danielle and Jay- I thought their gold theme was awesome! I can't remember any other couple ever doing a gold theme. 

Jessica and her boyfriend Andrew. The classic black theme is not often done and they really looked stunning. 

Jessica and her best friend Melanie

Jake (Jessica's cousin and Melanie's boyfriend), Melanie, Jessica and Andrew! 

Kris and Yessenia! Also Alumni, and traveled from out-of-state to visit. It was wonderful to see them again. I haven't seen her since October!! 

Justin interrupting the pictures lol

We ventured out into the snow for more pictures and man-alive it was cold! 

Jay didn't want to bother with pictures he wanted to sing opera.... 

Three very sweet and adorable couples. 

I love watching my brother and Sarah together, they are such a sweet couple. She really is a wonderful girl! 

And it's fun to pay back Collin for ALL HIS TEASING when I was courting. lolol. 


See? This photo is from Christmas Day 2010... and Jessica was in on it too!

Anyways...back to the banquet....


Look how cute.....awwww

Well that didn't last long... here we have a full tilt snowball fight

Jessica was making Andrew nervous....

But then he jumped up on the railing too...

Jessica and Andrew

Cousins!!

Casey and Emily minding their own business

Jessica and Andrew jumped into the photos

It went from cute...

To scary!

A very pretty photo Andrew took of Jessica with my camera

Janierra and Allison! 

When Justin was in the college eating HOT hot peppers was "the thing" that all the guys did. Now with this group it is all fedoras.

Frances and Dan

Randall and Alyssa

And the best photo of the night!


All in all, it was nice to catch up with friends we hadn't seen in a while. I was very sick that night so I enjoyed it as much as I could- but it was very hard.

I hope you enjoyed the photos,
God bless- Rebecca



Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment