Sunday, July 22, 2012

Our First Anniversary

So, this month my husband and I made a special trip out to NY to visit our friends, Katy, her husband Jason and cute little Baby Elijah! 

It was a long 6 hour trip to get there, we stayed for four days and had an amazing time! Not only was this a trip to spend time with our friends, it was also our "pre- 1-year-anniversary" trip! 
Enjoy the photos!! 

We arrived late on Sunday night, my photos start from Monday morning! 

Justin was our trusty driver, I manned the GPS.

We spent three of the four nights of our trip in this BEAUTIFUL Bed and Breakfast! 
This mansion was built in 1838.

This was our room, it was called the "Livingston" 

Very neat room!

I loved all the little animal statues! 

In the downstairs portion of the mansion

Tea Room

Dining Hall

The Drawingroom

Front Gardens...

So the first morning we accidentally overslept and missed the breakfast at the B&B so we went to a cute little diner!
My amazing buttermilk pancakes!! 

That afternoon we visited Katy and Jason  at her parent's home to celebrate Katy's Birthday!!!

Jason and Justin playing Chess with Elijah! 

Katy and her little boy Elijah!! 

It was soo good to see Katy again! I haven't seen her in a year! 

And it was wonderful to meet Elijah!! I get to be his "Auntie Rebecca!"
I feel so special! 

Elijah with his great-grandparents! 

Celebrating Katy's birthday with Icecream cake!!

Poor Elijah was rather confused by the celebration!! 

Playing the first of MANY rounds of the board game Revolution!

All together! :) 

Another game of Revolution!
Jason trying to win the Cathedral back from me! 

Cute little Lindy so sleepy! 


One thing you should know about NY is that most of it is CORN CORN AND MORE CORN!





Katy's parent's home and church





Most of the day we hid in the coolness of the house, it was incredibly hot out, we did venture out for lunch...





So sleepy





This is probably the best photo I have ever taken!!





One very blessed momma!





After the heat had died down some we visited the "Grand Canyon of the East"- Letchworth State Park.



This place was amazing!!







There were many vultures





little creek running at the bottom





Justin using the scope





Katy and Elijah!





awwww, what an adorable family!









Justin and I!!





Look at all those trees!





It is so big!





At Inspiration Point we saw the waterfalls!





Is that pretty or what?





I edited this photo for Katy, it came out ok..... I think!





Elijah is so funny!







I have to edit this one, my darling husband is in the background....lol





At Inspiration Point!





So now, more photos of the falls...


And that concludes our trip to Letchworth park!


We began our last full day in NY with a scrumptious bagel breakfast







And a cup of amazing raspberry tea!







We saw this truck on our way to go see Katy and her family at the...





Holland's farm!





Baby Elijah snoozing





Such a cutie





Chubby little hand!





Katy and I did some redesigning of her blog's header, and did some extensive work on her Jason the Juggler website.





Meanwhile Jason and Justin worked on the room





Little Emma playing with her cousin!





That evening we went out!





For Ice Cream!!





My adorable hubby!





We had a great time!









Our last full day in NY was a fun one!!



God bless,

~Rebecca



Visit Katy here at  "Tales from the Little White House"
Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. Awww I miss you!!! What fun it was!!! :) LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the best vacation ever!! :) love you too!

      Delete
  2. Very jealous of that tub! I have yet to stay in a hotel with a full soaking tub.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was nice! The only down side was I had to wash my hair in that tub because our room had no shower! But yes, it was amazing!

      Delete