Friday, June 2, 2017

May Notes

May was a very wet and rainy month for us. It seemed that April showers were a little delayed this year!

 We have a small gardening spot at our new place so we went to Home Depot and got some plants!

 
 We got some tomato plants and some baby hostas. I also got a few flowers for a bucket planter.

 Justin working on the bucket planter. It was POURING so we had to work inside.

Look at these beauties! 😍

 Finished bucket planter.

 Justin braved the torrential down pour to plant his tomatoes and my hostas. They are doing very well so far!

Watering our little baby plants

 Justin also started some jalapeno peeper seeds and they are sprouting!

*******************************************************************

We took a trip to Ikea for the first time in 5 years since we got married. We needed some new bookshelves and other organizers since we lost some closet space during the move.

I found my happy place!

 Gotta love those wild Ikea lamps!

************************************************************************

 Since we live closer to Justin's grandparents now I have been able to walk over and visit occasionally.
Poppa gave me a tour of his garden.

pretty pink bleeding hearts

I snapped a very nice photo of Poppa's cat Elsie hiding in the irises. 

I got a bouquet from Grandma's lilac tree.

Oliver was quite interested.

The bouquets were gorgeous bit a tad bit overpowering in fragrance!

*********************************************************************************

My family traveled to Washington D. C. for a family trip. They visited several historical sites and some of the Smithsonian museums.

 My mom kept me updated with photos and videos. They had a lot of fun!

*************************************************************************

Matt turned 15 in May. He is growing up way too fast! 

 He wanted ice cream cookie sandwiches for his birthday so mom got creative with the candles!

My nephew was pretty excited for ice cream!

 I think his aunties and uncles are a bit obsessed!

 
Caleb sporting his shirt he got in D. C. 

 Katey's shirt was pretty cool too!

************************************************************

My husband's aunt found a very lethargic and disoriented chipmunk over Memorial day weekend. 

She kept it for a couple days and monitored it's well being

It was doing much better a few days later so she let it go back to the wild!

Nimbus checking out the chipmunk. He has never caught anything a day in his 11 years of life.  No worries though, he was shooed away quickly.

Percy is doing well! He loves his bananas! 

Look at that fluffy beard!

 Oliver has been very interested in our new basement and for a while we couldn't let him down there because of all the boxes. He would constantly sneak down stair the second we opened the door and would hide down there any chance he got.  Now that he is allowed down there he couldn't care less!

I think this cat is spoiled?

I'm not sure though...

Do you think he is spoiled?

 Definitely. No doubt about it!


Here's to June!

Love, Rebecca

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment