Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Today's Topic- Bible Study Idea

[Free Image] Flower/Plant, Asteraceae, Cosmos, Pink Flower, 201010230700

I have been contemplating recently about attempting to start a monthly Bible study/Topical discussions with the teen girls/college age at my church. I want to talk to them and with them about issues like- having a positive self and body image, modesty, dating, and other issues teens face. 

I keep trying to start writing out what I want to talk about and set up kind of a lesson plan- but I am struggling so much, I don't know if I am just in a writing rut or if I just feel like "why bother it is going to fail / no one will like it or attend"

I have tried talking to some people about my idea and no one really has had much to say about the idea...other than my husband and a close friend.  This has been incredibly discouraging. 
It comes across as they are being "kind" but don't think I can do this. 

If I do this Bible study- I want to do it right. I want to be fully researched on the topics I plan to discuss and not give false information. But I am scared I am going to get overwhelmed and fail- and those people who thought I was being stupid for trying this will then be right about me.

I hate being a pessimist sometimes....

Any suggestions?? 

God Bless, 
~Rebecca










Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. There's a study for tween girls called "Biblical Beauty". I'm not sure who the publisher is. It talks about things like staying clean and neat, modesty, dealing with societal expectations and our own body issues.

    That might be someplace to start - an idea of how to lay things out and what to reference!

    I'll be praying for you - this sounds like a fabulous idea and I'd love to see what you put together!
    Hugs,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete