Wednesday, April 24, 2013

NY Trip- Bonus!!



So while we were in NY visiting Katy and Jason, Katy kept commenting that she was not feeling all that great. 

On Saturday afternoon we were just chilling in the living room when Katy called me from her bathroom, I went over thinking something was wrong and she needed my help- as her voice was very excited. She handed me a pregnancy test- it was positive. 

"You're pregnant?!" I asked.
"YES!!!"

I went to give her a hug and Katy was laughing and crying and bouncing all over the place. She reminded me of Tigger! 

"We need to think up of a way to tell Jason! I want to do something really nice!" Katy told me. 

I suggested we rush upstairs and hop onto her laptop and search Pinterest for ideas. We headed up as nonchalantly as we could manage so as not to arouse suspicion from our husbands.

Once we got the laptop booted up and launched the internet browser we quickly ran into a problem- Pinterest wouldn't open! So we gave up and started brainstorming for ideas. 

We soon came to an adorable idea! We would create a video! I took a few photos of Katy and Elijah holding the positive pregnancy test. 

 

The video we made was under the guise of being a slideshow of Elijah's pictures from birth to his first birthday. Elijah would be turning one in a few days. It was perfect! At the end of the slideshow we added a picture of Elijah smiling with the caption "Daddy Guess What?!!!"  and then the positive pregnancy test photos would be shown.

We ran downstairs once the video was all set and saved. 
"Jason we made a video of Elijah- would you please watch it?" Katy asked.
"Oh, but I was going to take a nap! Could it wait an hour?" Jason answered.
No! This could not! 

Katy was able to talk Jason into waiting to take his nap for "just three minutes" to watch the video. 

Here are the reactions: 


A BIG Congrats to my sister-at-heart and to her family! It was so awesome to be able to share in and capture these precious moments. 

You can visit Katy here

God bless, 
~Rebecca

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment