Saturday, August 4, 2012

New Little Friends of the Aquatic Kind!

We picked up a few new fish today!! I am so excited!!  
We bought this very beautiful red Veiltail Beta, named him Zuko 

Justin got these little guys, they are incredibly small. Five little neon Tetras!

And this little Betta has been with us for several months now, Deedo has been quite a perky fish. He darts around the bowl when he is hungry. 

In a few weeks we will be getting a feathered friend!! I found a cage for free and now once its all cleaned up and ready for its new occupant we will go and get a little parakeet. I am very excited about this! I LOVED the birds my family had when I was younger. 

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!! 

God bless, 
~Rebecca
Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. Aww I love bettas! I've been keeping them on and off for about 9 years!! But I hate to break it to you but Deedo is actually a male betta. You can always tell if a betta is a male or not by the back tail fin - the males have the long, flowing tail fins and the females look almost like ordinary fish with very short ones. (you can google some pics) Because of the the long tail fins, the males are much more popular. I personally have kept only males, but I love them! *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Deedo had no sticker on the bowl when we bought him so The fish has been called "he and she" lol. I figured Deedo was male, but again we interchanged because we had no clue! Zuko had a sticker on his bowl. Thanks!!

      Delete
  2. Aww!!! My sister always had Betas growing up. They are soooo maintenance free! Have fun with them. :)

    ReplyDelete