Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Taking It One Day At A Time



Hello Everyone!

First off, wow things are moving really fast in my state. Within four days we went from 1 confirmed coronavirus case to 41 this morning. With the limited availability of test kits I'm certain the actual number of infected people is much higher, not only in my state but the rest of the USA.

Now that the president has finally acknowledged the severity of the outbreak I hope to see more people take it seriously. I've seen several social media posts of people ignoring the advice from the CDC and not taking this seriously. 

I already said this in my previous post but I'm going to say it again. You could feel totally healthy and absolutely fine AND be carrying the virus. The people you'd come into contact with will get mild to severe symptoms. Our grandparents, newborns, immunocompromised and cancer patients are at high risk. The coronavirus kills through pneumonia. Please be responsible.

I know for some people of faith (particularly evangelical ones) in the USA it is easy to say "oh, just trust God!" and still go to church and church functions. Yes, we are trusting God but we also need to be careful. Do we not use seatbelts? Smoke alarms? Get stitches for a deep cut? Teach our kids to not run into the road? Everyday we make choices to keep ourselves and our families safe. This is no different. 

It is not fun to be stuck at home. But its something we need to do. The faster we slow the spread down, the faster our medical services can catch up and get ahead. 

One of my Facebook friends shared this a couple days ago, and what she said has really stuck with me. We absolutely need to put denial and selfishness aside and participate in the social distancing. It is going to suck, I know. Before you know it though, it will have passed and we can resume a sense of normalcy, people who would've died will still be here. 

This is a historic event. History books will look back on us and will tell future generations if we did a good job or a bad job.  Let's let them know we did our best 

Love, Rebecc

I'm testing out writing this on mobile vs desktop.  Apologies for the differences in my format 
Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. No differences in format that I can see!

    Things are moving fast here too - the children pick up everything from school tomorrow and start online classes on Monday (not sure how that will work but we'll see!) and I'm teaching online through the end of the semester (end of May!). Yikes. Not idea in any way, shape or form. Better safe than sorry here though. The children have been off since last Monday - last week was Spring Break and this week is an "extended Spring Break". Lucky them!

    Thanks for posting this - it's so important! And I love your analogy to seatbelts and smoke detectors - that's a perfect analogy!

    Blessings and Hope,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete