Thursday, March 26, 2020

Social Distancing Life

Hi everybody!
Life got really weird really fast, didn't it? As of this past Monday our state is in a shutdown, with essential workers only. Some businesses are complying... some are not (Looking at you Hobby Lobby) It's definitely soul crushing to see wealthy corporations and their owners putting profit above people. It's even more disappointing when they use God as an excuse to not take care of their employees HOBBY LOBBY. 

Before I get too upset I'll move on. My husband has been able to work from home, which I am so thankful for. His daily commute was an hour to work and an hour back. He has had a few problems with the programs randomly freezing but hopefully they can get that resolved. The literal only downside to him working from home has been that my artwork desk has been commandeered by his equipment. I was in a painting groove so it does suck a tiny bit. I'd rather have him safe at home though. 


I will definitely have to make a future post about getting back into art. I've made quite a few pieces in the past 6 months. I think my perfectionist tendencies were a big reason I stopped making art. One of my sisters is a professional artist and I think I was seeing her work as so mind-blowingly good that there was no reason for me to do art. I now realize that was a dumb mindset. 


We've been keeping in touch via groupchat with family. Video calls often get interesting once we start playing with filters (my dad loves them!) It is hard not being able to go visit my parents, my siblings, my niece and nephews and my grandparents. Same goes for Justin's side of the family. I'm so glad video calls and instant messaging exist. This pandemic is horrible and scary but at least we have ways to keep in touch with one another.


I hope you all are staying safe. This is definitely a life changing experience. I don't think things will ever return back to what we knew as "normal". Life is going to change for everyone. We will start seeing cases of extreme germaphobia, anxiety about illness, anxiety about having to go to the doctor or hospitals. Some people will develop agoraphobia or obsessive/compulsive behaviors. This pandemic is going to cause collective trauma and PTSD for people. It's going to affect our economy in the way we work and the way we behave. 

I hope for positive changes too. There is so much potential for positive changes. New advances in sanitation and medical tech and science are going to happen. Schools, businesses and churches could start figuring out ways to continue being more accessible for invalids or people who can not leave their home for other reasons. There has definitely been positive changes with levels of pollution being lowered around the world. 

COVID19 absolutely stinks. Its horrible, its killing people, leaving some survivors with permanent tissue damage, ravaging life and family. I desperately want to believe good things will happen because of this nightmare we are in. I hope it does. 

Before I forget, please keep in mind all the children and adults who are stuck in quarantine with their abusers right now. There is going to be a massive uptick of children suffering fatal injuries and adults being injured by those they are now essentially trapped with. Check in on people you know that could be at risk. Call emergency services if you suspect abuse. Click here for more info


Please, please stay safe everyone. We can and we will get through this together. Check in on your elderly neighbors, don't hoard supplies, support your local essential workers and healthcare professionals. Wash your hands. Be kind and patient ❤

Love, Rebecca


Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment