Monday, July 11, 2016

Independance Day by the Sea

 To celebrate the 4th of July this year Justin and I planned a trip to the ocean with my brother and his family.

 Apparently a lot of other people also decided to visit the ocean that day! I have never seen crowds this big at the beach before. But to be fair I have never gone on a holiday either.
 
Collin Levi liked the sand on his toes but was not a fan of the ocean water at all. 

Justin hiding from the sun.

It was such a beautiful day!



I can't describe how nice it was to just hang out and have fun with my husband and my brother's family.

Collin grilled up some hot dogs, burgers and corn on the cob for our lunch.

 
Sarah spoiled us with some delicious potato salad and her home made chocolate chip cookies. We brought the plates, drinks and chips. 

Look at all the pretty umbrellas

This is the moment my brother now regrets. He got a terrible sunburn on his back and developed the "Hell's Itch" condition. Within 48 hours of our trip he was in agonizing pain. We all got some sunburns but he got the worst of it.

 Justin and I watched the baby for a bit so Sarah and Collin could go swimming and for a walk.

 The beautiful blues

Looks like a lot of people right?

There was EVEN MORE by the entrance 

There is Collin and Sarah swimming away. The water was a tiny bit cold but very refreshing. I must have spent over an hour in it. 

Collin Levi wanted Justin's book

He rolled onto his tummy! 




Apart from the sunburns we did have a wonderful time enjoying the ocean together. I think it is going to be in my top 10 favorite holiday trips!


Love, Rebecca

Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. What a nice way to spend a beautiful summer day, in spite of the sunburns.
    It looks like you're able to do more than you have in a while - and I love all the photos you're sharing!

    Praying for a wonderful summer for you and Justin. Enjoy that darling little nephew!

    Thanks for sharing,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your short hair is adorable! Glad to see you getting out more -- it must be good for your soul!

    ReplyDelete