Monday, May 30, 2016

Mother's Day and a Surprise Party

Justin and I spent a lovely afternoon with his family for Mother's Day this year.  

We went to a cute little Italian restaurant to celebrate 

It was a lovely afternoon of celebrating my mother-in-law, my husband's grandma Nikki and honoring the memory of his late Grandma "Momma Mary" 

The food was amazing! 

 After the meal we spent the afternoon doing some yard work and gardening with my in-laws and enjoying the beautiful day.

****************************************************************************


My sister-in-law is going away on a mission's trip this summer so we threw her a surprise party a few days before she was to leave. 

My in-laws did a great job keeping it a surprise! 

Jessica was so excited about the little party

I hope she has a wonderful trip and she fully enjoys the experience 

We also got to catch up with a couple we knew during college 

Amanda and Bruce are currently on deputation to raise support to go on the mission field themselves. They want to minister to the deaf people of Ghana. They are both amazing at sign language.

Good old Shadow, he just turned 14 years old.

Nimbus looking handsome as always.

At the end of the day when it was starting to get dark there were bats flying around. Justin snapped this photo and I am quite impressed that he managed to get one clear shot, it is notoriously difficult to photograph in low light. Not to mention adding a moving object! 

We sang Happy Birthday to Shadow before Justin and I went home. His mom gave him a doggie frozen yogurt.

Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. I'm curious to know if you know the history of the architecture of your inlaws' house? I have seen some photos that make it appear to be built into a hillside, and then these photos of varied cinderblock exterior (which would date it around 1900, I think, if not as late as 1950). Is this your husband's childhood home? It seems like a fun place to gather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen! Yes the house is built into a hillside. My husband's great-grandfather actually built the house so early 1900's is likely. I'm not sure of the exact year but I'm guessing between 1920 and 1930. This house was my husband's childhood home, his mother grew up in that house and his grandmother also grew up in the house. It was converted to a two apartment home sometime in the 1980's so Justin's parents live upstairs and his grandparents live on the ground floor. There is not a lot of room for company but that doesn't matter to my in-laws - the more the merrier! They do have a nice big deck which helps. It's a neat old house.

      Delete
    2. Wow, that is some awesome family history! Do whatever you can to keep that home in the family!

      Delete