Tuesday, May 10, 2016

30 Years Later

On this day 30 years ago my mom and dad had their wedding day! 

Doesn't my mom look gorgeous?? 

So much has happened in 30 years for my parents, they have moved 4 times,  

They had a couple kids,  

 and then another one, 

 and then a whole bunch more! 

My parents always made holidays and birthdays extra special for me and my siblings,

They have seen me get married and start off my own life,  

They celebrated 25 years together 

 They saw my brother get married and start his family, 

 They have helped us out when I have been sick and when there have been emergencies,

They always look so cute! 

They are enjoying watching us all grow up, 

They are very excited about being grandparents now and are fully enjoying spoiling their grandson,

And I am so happy to be able to wish them a very happy anniversary and a great big congrats on 30 years! 

I love ya! 
Rebecca
Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. That turtle-neck wedding dress -- LOL. So funny with the sort-of saucy necklines for the bridesmaids. But it was the 90s...

    I'm surprised to see your mom's smile go from being really happy with no kids, and then with 3 kids, to not so joyful with more and more, and then her sad smile (no teeth) in the later years until the one grandchild. I hope she has not suffered from depression but guess that she certainly has. I hope all is well with her. It just seems like she'd rather have had fewer children and spent more time with her husband overall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom did deal with depression for a couple years, about 6-7 years or so ago. It was a mixture of the pressures of the recession,a miscarriage, my dad was laid off in 2009 and my grandpa's (her father's)health was really not doing well and we were expecting him to not be around for much longer. I'm happy to say that my grandpa is still with us and is doing well praise the Lord!

      If my mom could have she would have had a lot more children. She was the one who wanted a big family since she was a little kid. She is fully enjoying the grandbaby being around. He has brought a lot of joy to my family.

      My mom is doing much better and I'm so thankful she is.

      Delete