Monday, August 10, 2015

My Favorites From My Childhood- The Prince of Egypt


It's a proven fact that certain smells and sounds can trigger memories, and for some reason I had a sudden urge to look up the soundtrack to "The Prince of Egypt" after hearing a bit of music that reminded me of the cartoon. Dreamworks' 1998 Bible-based musical about Moses and the children of Israel is honestly a masterpiece. If you have never seen this movie I highly recommend it.  The music and art direction in this movie is breathtaking. The songs are so well written and performed it still gives me chills to this day. "Deliver Us," has made me tear up every single time and it's been 17 years!  

While "The Prince of Egypt" is not entirely accurate to the Biblical account of Moses it is still worth the watch. The film really helps interject a sense of relatable human emotions that children can understand and identify with. After a recent re-watch of some scenes I noticed how often small children were used to convey emotion in the story. 


Below is a choir version of the song "When You Believe" from the beautiful animated film. 



What was one of your favorite films or animated features from your childhood?? 
I'd love to hear about them!

Love, Rebecca

Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. I preferred "You Know Better Than I" from Joseph: King of Dreams and THERE'S NO SOUNDTRACK! )-: I wish there was.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9LiGFXZYts

    ReplyDelete