Wednesday, April 8, 2015

My Unusual Easter



This year for Easter my parents took my youngest siblings out-of-state to spend Easter with Uncle Kurt and Mark.  My parents celebrated Easter a week early but I was unable to go because I had bad sciatic pain for over a week. 

Because my back was still healing up and I wasn't up for traveling Justin and I invited my brothers, my sister-in-law and her BFF Bekah to our home to spend Easter. 

We took a group selfie to send to my parents! 

Everyone pitched in with food prep and Justin made a very awesome ham! We all squeezed around the little table in our little dining room. 

Collin and Sarah being oh-so-cute.

Tried to take another group photo...it turned out interesting?

My handsome man :) He worked like mad to get the house clean and ready for guests. I did what I could manage but I am eternally grateful for all his hard work. 

After food we played some Kinect games. Talk about a vigorous exercise! Everyone was laughing and it was just a wonderful afternoon together. Totally full of silliness and carefree joy! 

It was also awesome to spend a little time with Sarah. She is such a sweetheart! 


A lady from my church sent me a cute little Minecraft sheep plushie for Easter. It's the perfect Easter / geeky item! It was very sweet of Fran to think of me. 

Justin gave me some beautiful tulips and a bag of Cadbury Mini Eggs- MY FAVORITES!! 

While I did miss my family getting together for Easter and spending time with my relatives, I must say that I really enjoyed our little improvised afternoon. Everyone said that they had a blast and wanted to get together again. To be honest, adult life is so crazy and serious so it was nice to just be a kid for one afternoon! 


How was your Easter??

Love Rebecca
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment