Monday, September 23, 2013

Update on my Back

Hi Everyone, 
    Just a quick update on what is going on with me. So on Saturday night, around midnight I went back to the ER. The pain was still terrible and I couldn't stand it any longer. I was given a stronger pain med and sent home. We didn't get back till close to 3am. I was so tired and in so much pain. 

I did see a doctor today and they took X-rays. The doctor said that there was a possibility for arthritis, however he felt the pain might be muscular. I need to get an MRI. 

Please pray our insurance will approve the MRI and that we can start getting answers. I am tired of being stuck in bed and the pain is very difficult to deal with. I can barely move around without shooting pain in my back and down my legs. Normal daily life is impossible at this point. I am tired of just existing- I want to start actually living! 

Thank you for your prayers, Rebecca 
Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. Ohhhh...so sorry to hear about what you are going through! Back pain is so debilitating...been there, done that. I had scoliosis as a teenager but it was caught and corrected in time. Then, a swing accident resulted in a deteriorated disc in my lower back. Sometimes, things flare up but for the most part, everything is managed now. I still see a chiropractor though and that helps with the maintenance. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending prayers your way that you can get the pain under control and that they get you in for that MRI as soon as possible. You deserve some relief!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebecca -- will they do MRI of your spine AND your brain? It might be a good idea at this point, especially with your recent fainting episodes. I hope you have some recovery soon - perhaps seeing if your doctor would recommend PT for you - it would help the "cabin fever" and maybe give good ideas on exercises to strengthen your back. Regarding the anxiety you'd been posting about (sorry for the delayed comment!) - does your insurance include mental health care? Are you seeing a therapist individually every couple weeks?

    ReplyDelete