Thursday, November 3, 2011

Winter Storms and Twisted Ankles

If any of you keep up with the news you probably heard about "Winter Storm Alfred" and all the damage he caused in New England. Well it is all true. We have been days without power and we lost several groceries on our fridge. :( which is not fun at all. We would greatly appreciate your prayers as several people have died during this whole ordeal due to problems with generators and house fires from candles/fireplaces.

The sad part is the fact that many trees have been destroyed because of the wet snow. Many trees still have leaves on their branches and the wet heavy snow has ripped branches and whole trees right to the ground. A tree fell on our local power plant leaving us and a good chunk of surrounding towns without power.
We have been visiting local restaurants for Internet services and warm meals!

Enough bad news though! Here is some good news! I went to see a doctor about my ankle! Got an x ray and nothing is broken! *sweet relief *. We were starting to worry about that. Doctor said that I tore a ligament pretty bad and that with some heat therapy and rest I should be ok and heal soon.

A funny story to tell. When I went for the x rays that nurse and I had a very interesting conversation....

Nurse: you are married pretty young is this because of religious belief?
Me: (I am 22) No
It has nothing to do with religious belief. I'm a baptist.
Nurse: oh I thought you were Amish or something you know - with the skirt and everything.

I had quite the laugh! I was wearing a long skirt. But I had a purple striped long sleeve shirt on and my hair in a pony tail. I hardly think I looked anything like the Amish! I have been asked that before just because I had a skirt on. Lol

God bless, Rebecca Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. At least she asked if it were for religious reasons and not "other" reasons. When people find out I've been married almost 24 years they almost alwasy ask how old I was when I married. When I say "19," I automatically follow it with , "And no, I wasn't pregnant."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is crazy about all that snow! I hope your power comes on soon! And that your ankle feels better! As for the amish thing LOL it made me smile :) LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was kind of rude of her...

    ReplyDelete