Tuesday, March 17, 2015

It's That Lovely Time of Year?


Hello Readers! 
The snow is starting to melt, the birds are starting to sing and....
the stomach bugs are going around :( 

Yes, Justin and I had the stomach bug last week. It was a long and miserable week but we are both on the mend now. It is so nice to not have a fever, and to not be afraid to eat something as simple as dry toast! The photo above was during my turn with the fever. At least Justin and I retained our sense of humor. We got alot of snuggling in during the recovery and fever stages. We even watched The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh at 12am one night. That was fun.  :)

Now that we are mostly recovered we are starting spring cleaning. We have gotten nasty wood / wolf spiders in our apartment EVERY April since we moved in and let me tell you- those things are big, fast and creepy. This year we are trying to get ahead of those little stinkers and spray everywhere. I have found spiders IN MY BED more than once so I am super paranoid right now. I hope we can head them off. 
Last year I freaked out so bad after finding two on my blanket that I froze in fear. I literally could not move.  :(

I used to be ok with spiders but I dunno- after finding them in my bed.... nope. That is my sanctuary!! They can stay outside where they belong, thank you very much! 


***************************************

Good news: I have finally been able to start doing daily devotions again. I have struggled with devotions for a while now. It was a mixture of anxiety and feeling upset with my health problems. I don't feel ready yet to go into all the reasons that I had trouble- someday I will. Thankfully our very loving Pastor and his wife have made a huge difference in helping me get over the anxiety. I have done devotions everyday for 1 week with NO panic attacks which is a HUGE deal. Please pray I don't quit again / no anxiety. 
It is really hard for me to admit that I struggle with something as basic as devotions- But I feel I should be transparent about it. I'm just as human and flawed as anyone. Maybe this will be an encouragement to someone else. I certainly hope so! 


Love, Rebecca 

Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. I don't know how you feel about different versions, but that really helped me. By reading the same verse phrased a different way, I was able to really read the verse rather than hearing in my head what I had been told it meant. Of course the KJV holds a special place in my heart, but reading it caused so much conflict that I didn't want to read it. ESV is a good version; the flow is very similar to KJV, and many people who are trained in Greek/Hebrew like the NASB and feel like it the most true to the text.

    ReplyDelete