Wednesday, March 6, 2013

I FINALLY HAVE ANSWERS!



 I finally got answers to some of my health problems!!
Which is nice but at the same time lousy because it means I am sick. I have been diagnosed with Hashimoto's Disease. So now I don't have to feel guilty about my fatigue, my weight that WON'T come off, the anxiety, the depression- It's not "my" fault! This is relieving.

I am on a medication right now and I am also going to try to monitor my weight, more bloodwork and follow up appointments in the spring.


So- What is Hashimoto's Disease? 

Hashimoto's thyroiditis or chronic lymphocytic thyroiditis is an autoimmune disease in which the thyroid gland is attacked by a variety of cell- and antibody-mediated immune processes ~ Wikipedia

So basically my body is attacking it's own gland.
The thyroid controls things like your energy and metabolism through hormones.

Just look at some of the symptoms! ( I have some not all of them)

Hashimoto's thyroiditis very often results in hypothyroidism with bouts of hyperthyroidism. Symptoms of Hashimoto's thyroiditis include Myxedematous psychosis, weight gain,depressionmania, sensitivity to heat and cold, paresthesia, fatigue, panic attacks, bradycardiatachycardia, high cholesterol, reactive hypoglycemia, constipation, migraines, muscle weakness, cramps, memory loss, infertility and hair loss.Wikipedia

Read more:

Hashimoto's Disease

Hypothyroidism


I also recently found out that two of my great grandmothers, a great aunt and a great uncle just on my maternal side all had thyroid problems.

How crazy is that?

It is nice to finally have answers!

God bless,
~Rebecca






Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you finally have an answer! My mother was diagnosed a few months ago with something called Cushing's Disease.

    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001388/

    She had been to many doctors over 30+ years and finally got an answer! I'm glad you didn't have to wait that long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glory to God! I'm sorry you have to deal with this, but I know it's such a blessing to finally understand why.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you got some answers. I suffered from mild Tourette's syndrome for 25 years before a doctor finally put a name to the problem without a name. It's good to know it's not your fault. Hang in there. The getting of the diagnosis is huge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO glad that you got a diagnosis. I hope that the medicine will be helpful to you. Thyroid problems just mess up your entire health.

    ReplyDelete