Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Health Update- Sore Neck


Time for a health update! 

So- still trying to adjust to a new brand of medicine. The new one has been making my stomach very unhappy! Trying to "tough it out" but I don't know- it's been very unpleasant. 

My ankle seems to be on the mend, who knows though? It feels great one day and the next it's throbbing. 

Dealing with a new problem of late- soreness with my neck. I wake up with it sore, go to bed with it sore. It is so strange- I can't recall hurting it. I have to sit with a neck pillow (travel pillow) because it hurts so much. I used to get stiff necks occasionally as a teen. This usually happened after an art project, especially one where my neck was bent downwards. Painting, sewing, scrapbooking and drawing has all contributed to that!  

However I haven't done any art projects of late so...not sure what is going on. I have tried heat packs, ice packs, hot showers and my TENS unit. I sleep on a special pillow for neck issues. Any suggestions? It has been like this on and off for several months now. 

Thanks! 

God bless, 
~Rebecca  
Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Rebecca,

    I have been following both of your blogs for a couple years now - even though we have some different views, I enjoy hearing about your life as a newlywed! I had a very similar decline in my health a few years ago. I went from an athlete working out 5 hours/day to not being able to get out of bed some days. It came and went; some days I'd be fine, some days I'd feel horrid.

    It sounds like you've started getting some answers, which is awesome. I was just wondering if you've been tested for Lyme disease. I had it, even though I don't remember ever being bit by a tick or developing a rash. Lyme can throw off your hormones, mess with your joints, cause emotional instability/anxiety, and make you feel like you're dying in general. A Western Blot screening is needed to check for Lyme; the test most doctors use, the ELISA, is extremely inaccurate (it's used because it's cheaper). Lyme runs rampant in New England, it's not as rare as people think. Let me know if you're interested in hearing more or have any questions, I'd be happy to email you.

    Also, another thing I did that made an instantaneous world of difference in my health was to cut out gluten. I recommend the book Wheat Belly (http://www.amazon.com/Wheat-Belly-Lose-Weight-Health/dp/1609611543). No more joint pain, stomachaches, and less fatigue. It's something you can try for a few weeks, you'll know right away if it works for you!

    Anyways, sorry to ramble on. I hope you are able to continue getting answers and healing.

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete