Thursday, January 19, 2012

What's Happening Back Yonder

On my former blog (A Rather Unusual Maiden For God ), I used to frequently post about the antics and happenings in a house with 8 kids. Now that I am married and not home anymore I only hear about the daily news, and my mom emails me photos!

The Donut story is my favorite!
I used to make donuts once in a while for my brothers and sisters. After I got married they begged my mom to make donuts for them, Which she did. Now making donuts is ALOT of work, and my mom has a back problem. Needless to say the email with this picture was titled "My last batch of donuts" lol

My two sisters share a room now, and they have a bunk bed. Stephanie on top, Kitty below. My mom went in to check on them one night to find Kitty up on the top bunk with Stephanie!

My grandfather has been in and out of the hospital due to several health complications with his diabetes, and has had a couple blood transfusions. We are praying for his healing, and his salvation.

My sister Stephanie will soon be 13! She is becoming a lovely young lady! 

My parents took my brothers and sisters down to a local farm to see the miniature ponies...everyone had fun till one pony wanted to know if Matthew was "tasty". Matt was startled...but thankfully not hurt!

My mom and dad bought a juicer and have been making their own juice.

My dad has been doing some renovating and painting at their house, here my brother Caleb is learning how to paint the walls! 

Kitty has been doing very well in school, and has been getting better at reading!

She is not, however, as excited about cooking!
:)

Collin has started attending the same college my husband went to. When he is home the babysitting falls to him...and he falls asleep...so do his charges... Why didn't they do that for me????!  lol

Collin has been doing VERY well at the college, I'm so proud of him!

 The best news of all is my little cousin was born! 
Lily was impatient to join our family, and she was born a month early! The baby shower had to be postponed because of it! My aunt and Lily are doing well! I can't wait to meet my new cousin in person!


God bless, 
~Rebecca

Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. I meant to comment here when you first posted but totally forgot! :) My sister in law went into labor 5 weeks early (the day before her baby shower too!!!)!!! It was pretty funny how she timed it to happen like that! :)

    ReplyDelete