Thursday, December 8, 2011

My First "Real" Christmas Tree Expedition

For all of my life my parents had a fake Tree for Christmas, as did my grandparents and almost everyone I knew. I did know a few people who bough a real tree for the Christmas season... but never experienced this until recently....

It has been an old tradition for my husband, his sister and cousins to go with their Aunt Stephanie every year to find a Tree for their Grandma. 


Since we are married now I got to tag along and discover this whole other world of people who get "real" trees. 

Our group consisted of a cousin, Denise, her fiance John, and her dog Murphy 

As well as Jessica, and her friend from college, Melanie! 

 All ready to go find the *perfect* tree!

Jess and Melanie were our "Tree Scouts" 

Bear in mind that I have NEVER done this before and this was an incredibly large tree farm, people from surrounding states come to this farm for a tree. Just the fact of endless acres of trees is confusing!  

Jessica and Melanie among the greenery... 


Yes, our AWESOME tree scouts! 

Mel: "Look at that tree!" 
Jess: "Is It PERFECT?"
Mel: "Yes!"
Jess:"Where??"
Mel: "ummmm, right in front of you?"
Jess: "IT IS PERFECT!" 

Just joking!

Hey, you pose, I caption! :)

We overheard two people looking at trees near us...
Man 1: Oh man, this tree is awesome!
Man 2: Which tree?
Man 1: that one by the green one!

O__o ? 
(my confused face)

Last I checked they were ALL green.
We actually heard this conversation, I didn't make this up! 


 Apparently even babies go shopping for baby Christmas trees. 



 Somebody drowned Charlie Brown's Christmas tree!


 After two hours of looking and looking and looking at trees we still hadn't found a *perfect* tree. 

 I took pictures of a rock wall... hmmm Must have been bored. 


Well, after what seemed like forever, we finally found a perfect tree! 

Justin with the tree... 


John and Denise carrying the tree off.

Afterwards Aunt Stephanie treated us to coffee, hot cocoa and bagels. Yum! 

When we got home later that day I called my Mom and told her about my adventure...
"So, yeah, it was interesting," I said.
"Well, I am glad you had a good time!" Said my mom. 
"I owe you a big thankyou too!" I told her.
"What do you mean?" she asked.
"Thanks for having a fake tree all those years.... it definitely seems simpler!" I said. 
My mom laughed, "Well, with eight kids...yes. It is simpler!"
:)

Well it was a great day out, and the weather was gorgeous!

God bless, 
~Rebecca





Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. That looks like a HUGE tree farm! Growing up we always HAD to have a real tree...it just wasn't Christmas without one. You are going to LOVE having one! The smell of fresh pine is out of this world!!! :)

    ReplyDelete