Monday, November 12, 2018

Birds of Autumn



Since I was a little girl I have always enjoyed watching birds going about their day. Black-capped Chickadees were frequent visitors to our backyard. I loved their tiny round appearance

 I also learned to identify them by their chirps as a child and would get so excited to hear them!

  My in-laws have several bird feeders in their backyard and I have been enjoying bird watching again. Our apartment has no trees on the property so I don't get to see birds by our place much.

 I will sit on their deck with my camera and just patiently wait for the birds to stop by. 

 The House Finches are the bravest and are not bothered by my presence at all, so all my best photos are of them. 

Sometimes I have Nessa with me and they don't even care. She is a great bird-watching companion. 

 I actually thought these were originally Purple Finches at first but after reading up more on them I definitely think these are House Finches that I saw











 White-breasted Nuthatch at the feeder. I used to call these "Nut-thatches" for the longest time. 

 They don't stop by the feeder for long. Just grab a seed and go.

 I have spotted them in the trees after hearing them tapping for bugs.

 One of the cutest birds I have seen are also the skittish. 
The Tufted Titmouse birds are regular visitors but the slightest movements startle them.
 I have to be super patient trying to photograph them.

This photo didn't turn out great but I thought it looked too cute

I'm proud of this photo. My patience finally paid off and I got a really nice photo

 This photo however is more accurate to what I got from these little guys. I would slowly lift my camera, peer through the lens and snap a photo only to discover I was too late. 

I have seen a few other birds but haven't gotten good photos of them yet. This is a screenshot from a video I took. That was the only time I've seen a Downy Woodpecker at the feeder. I have also seen a yellow-bellied Woodpecker one time but I didn't even have my camera that day.

I am enjoying spending time outside watching for birds and hanging out with Nessa is pretty awesome too. She is one cool puppy!


Do you enjoy bird watching? What bird are you excited to see?

Love, Rebecca



Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. Your photos are so beautiful, Rebecca! Thank you for sharing.

    We had hummingbirds in our yard this summer! They are so pretty. It was the second year in a row they came by. I told my husband and children that I'd love a hummingbird feeder for Mother's Day next year. We also get blue jays, robins, and yellow chickadees. I love them all but the hummingbirds are my favorites.

    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article.
    Badminton Viedos

    ReplyDelete