Thursday, October 9, 2014

Book-tober! Interview with Haley


Girl Reading by Charles Edward Perugini



1) What was the first book that drew you into the joys of reading for fun?
Hard to say! I've loved reading for a long time!! But I remember loving the American Girls series and the Hattie books when I was little.

2) What picture book from your childhood sticks out in your memory?
Babar the elephant! :) And Goodnight Moon . . . and these wonderful books of illustrated biblical parables we had.

3) As a teen what book or book series was your favorite?
I LOVED the Young Merlin series! Also Mysterious Benedict Society!

4)What was your least favorite book you ever read?
Another tough one! There were some history books my sister and I read for school that are now infamous in my family - they came from the series World Leaders: Past and Present. I was bored out of my mind by those when I was younger!!

5)What was your favorite book you ever read?
Aside from God's Word, which is infinitely precious, I'd have to say one of Louisa May Alcott's books, The Key to Rondo, Frankenstein (I know that sounds weird!), or The Mysterious Benedict Society #2.

6)What book is a must-read for your future children?
I think the book The Deadliest Monster will be a must-read. It really helped me to think in a biblical way from a worldview standpoint.

7)What was the funniest book you ever read?
God Loves My Kitchen Best is hysterical! True stories from a hilarious mom of two! :)

8)What was the saddest book you ever read?
This isn't a book, but rather a short story. Edgar Allen Poe's The Pit and the Pendulum depressed me for sure!

9)What is it the leads you to decide whether a book is enjoyable or not?
I look for an engaging style that isn't shallow, but instead deals with real ideas or presents something in a new way.

10)What is the title of the oldest book you own and when was it published?
I'm not sure! The "old" books I have aren't very old . . . for example, I have a book called The Maestro published in the 1950s (I think) which is about Arturo Toscanini.


*****************************************************

Haley is a long-time childhood friend of mine and the sweetest girl I have ever met. She is a very talented violinist and a bookworm! 



Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment