Monday, June 23, 2014

Allergies are Awful



Hey there everybody! 

I hope you are all having a fantastic start to your summer! And to those who live in different parts of the world I hope your seasons are lovely too! 

Justin and I have been looking for a new car as ours has officially kicked the bucket. I'm kinda sad because it was our first car together. And it was such an a bright shade of blue you could never miss it! 

My back is doing ok-ish. Somedays it is just awful and other days it is fine. It gets worse whenever a storm is coming, I feel like an old lady, "A storm's coming I can feel it in my bones!" Joking aside though it's true! 


My ankle is doing well, although my darling husband accidently sat on my good ankle! When a 190+ lbs of full grown man are placed on your foot it hurts! Thankfully it stopped hurting after two days and is totally fine and a funny story now. Justin felt so horrible about it. We are both so thankful it healed up. 

I have been *trying* to be more active lately and have succeeded a bit. Its going to be a long and hard process to get back to where I was before the injuries. I keep having to remind myself that I'm not going to magically wake up one day and everything is going to be "normal" again, and that it is ok that my definition of "normal" is different now. 

Oh and by the way allergies are AWFUL. I miss being able to breathe lol. 
Anybody have advice in that department? I'm living on benadryl! I can tell you that when my allergies are bad I have worse anxiety and just an overall bad day. If you do not suffer from seasonal allergies praise the Lord! And be extra kind to all your friends and family who do, give them lots of hugs and candy.   :) 


Love, Rebecca






Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. No help for the allergies, sweetie, but I can sympathize! I rarely have seasonal allergies but this year I do - and it's the pits. :P

    So glad you're out and about a bit - I've missed you sharing your photographs and I'm so glad to see them again. I shared them with my mom and her response was "Rebecca has a really good eye!" :) Thought I'd share (and let you know I agree with her). :)

    Long distance Hugs,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hugs back Leah! I have missed sharing photos too. Sadly my life is kinda boring so I don't have very interesting things to photograph as often as I would like to! I'm hoping that with recovery from the back injury I can start doing things again. A back injury = much loneliness and boredom. So thankful I have Justin!

      Delete
  2. Hey Dear! So sorry to hear about the allergies - they're really bad for me right now too :( Have you tried something like Allegra or Claritin? They don't work for me because they're not strong enough for my crazy allergies, but they work well for my brother; he just takes it once a day and is much better!

    ♥ and miss you!
    ~Lina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Allergies are no fun, especially if you can't find the right med to give you relief. At least they aren't all prescription anymore, so you can buy OTC and generic to experiment a little. Just make sure you are looking at the active ingredient so you aren't trying something you've already tried before. And you need to take them daily for at least 2 weeks to see any kind of trend effect. I'm surprised you can take Benedryl without sleeping all day -- that stuff knocks me out! I've tried them all and finally found that Zyrtec (or it's generic) is the one that works for me. Again, look for the active ingredient. Benedryl and Actifed will knock you out (which seems like a huge waste of time even if it does help you breathe!). I feel your pain, I do, but if the sleepiness bothers you from the Benedryl, try something else and give it time to work.

    ReplyDelete