Saturday, September 7, 2019

Our 8th Wedding Anniversary Trip, Day Two


We had a late start on the second day because I woke with a terrible headache, but some medicine and a heat pack helped. Once I was feeling better we headed to the Olde Mistick Village.  

One of the classic shops in the village

This bear has been a part of this shop since I was a kid. 

He told me the best shops to visit.

We also popped into a loose leaf tea shop. I was in love with all the bamboo plants

The shop also had various tea sets for sale. My husband really loves tea so we stopped into several tea shops during our trip. I enjoy fruity teas.

The village is so beautiful.

I made a friend

An old Anglican church building in the village.

Inside a Scandinavian shop

In another shop we saw these beautiful paper quilling cards. We got a few.

I could not stop laughing at the face on the sting ray.

The same shop had a large collection of Wee Forest Folk collectibles. 

An assortment of items displayed in the shop

A bug made from re-purposed computer pieces

More blown glass pieces. 

A steam punk Octopus candelabra 

Assorted animal sculptures

Wooden Owls

One of the old buildings. The water wheel doesn't turn sadly


My better half

Rocking my prescription sunglasses. 

The Weeping Willow at the center of the village is impressive

The duck pond

Inside an Alice in Wonderland Tea Room. I got a couple Alice in Wonderland post cards here. 

I really enjoyed the duck pond

These sparrows got pretty close to were I was sitting.


A duck scared the birds off 

I also saw a single duckling in the pond. 

Hands down the best part of the day (for me) was the Koi pond. 

I love Koi ponds so much. I could spend hours just watching the fish.

After grabbing a late lunch we got in the car and made the drive back home. I was very worn out after our trip and it took a week for me to recover. I had a lovely trip but the back pain, almost fainting and general fatigue made it hard.  We had planned to go to the Seaport during our trip but my body just couldn't make it. Justin did a great job taking care of me and cheering me up when I felt sad with my limitations. He is the best. 

Here's to another year with my best friend, I love you Justin! 


Love Rebecca đź’—





Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. I love the steampunk pieces and the dragonfly made from the computer parts is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete