Thursday, March 3, 2016

On Being a Cat-Mom


We have had our cat Oliver for about 3 months now. I have been learning a lot of awesome things and not-so-awesome things about owning a cat. 


Oliver is a very sweet and cuddly cat. He loves company and has been very friendly to people who want to pet him. I LOVE snuggling with him. 


Oliver has discovered the other cat that roams around outside of our apartment and Oliver DOES NOT like that cat. He sits by the window and yowls at the outdoor cat. It does get annoying after he has been meowing and yowling for over an hour. 


His new thing lately is waking me up when I am sleeping. I get it cat - you are lonely, but Momma needs her sleep! 

 Oliver also loves to sleep on my laptop especially after I tell him not to. He somehow has managed to change my desktop background once by walking on the keyboard. 


He does also fall asleep in some of the most adorable places ever. 

The other evening Justin and I went out for a few hours. When we came home I went to unlock the apartment while Justin parked the van. Oliver ran out of the door when he saw me and started going down the hallway. He never goes out in the hall- He didn't want anything to do with me! He was looking for Justin! 
He was a happy cat when Justin picked him up.

 He will run to the door and wait by it when he hears Justin coming down the stairs. It is weird because he never reacts to other people going down the stairs. He KNOWS when it's Justin. My husband of course is loving the attention. One of the few times Oliver hasn't been at the door because he was sleeping will make Justin a little teeny tiny bit sad. 

I do love being a "Cat-Mom" regardless of the relentless meowing, the occasional accidental poo on the floor, the mess he makes with his litter. The snuggles, affection and happiness are worth it. 

Love, Rebecca


Pin It Now!

1 comment: