Thursday, November 8, 2012

Snow and Zoey Updates!

 
So the good news is...the snow is melting! 


 
The bad news is that Zoey is annoyed with me... (she is always annoyed at me-but now she is giving me looks!)



 
 guessing that she was born in April or May- her cere is white so I am going to say that we know for sure now that Zoey is indeed a female! 


Constantly preening and eating and screeching! 


It has taken her about 3 months to figure out how to play with her toys. The hoops thing on the right is her FAVORITE and she is constantly playing with it. She still is very wary of Justin and I but will tolerate tummy rubs.

Zoey's opinions on life.... lol

On a side note, the upstairs neighbors are blasting Christmas songs.... I think the early snow got to them.

God bless,
~Rebecca

Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. Adorable! Do birds "warm up" to humans over time or will she always be a bit stand-offish? I know some people who have birds that are very affectionate and some (like the one my sister had) are very mean!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think each bird is totally different, I have had three in my life-all budgies/parakeets. My first one was a male and he was very bitey at the beginning but mellowed out as he aged. Very affectionate toward the later years of his life. My second bird was a female, not very bitey and very affectionate. Zoey is still bitey and is still warming up to us. I think how they were raised, plus the human interaction are factors too in their disposition.

      Delete